Backcounty Longboarding & Luging Video

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I have some really cool friends who are REALLY FAST on luges & longboards.

So forget your worries for a minute & watch this video I made of bliss on a smooth road.

I hope you dig it.

[video=youtube;MO8-XoNXDww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO8-XoNXDww[/video]

As always watch in 1080p for best results & make sure to "like" & "subscribe" so I can make more of these videos.

Also as a side note: the music is very clean, but it's apparently blocked in Germany do to the musician? So sorry to the German 4x4 enthusiasts on a Utah offroading site :ugh:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Way cool. So when the luger brakes with the outside foot on the corners, is that to shove the nose of the board inside?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I cannot understand the skate board thing.. No brakes, no straps, no room for error.. Only pain and suffering could result. A deer, car, cat, squirrel, or any other unforeseen item could wreak havoc at anytime.

Maybe I am old and outdated.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I cannot understand the skate board thing.. No brakes, no straps, no room for error..

Okay, how about a roller suit?

[video=youtube;sx0s-92tXqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx0s-92tXqo[/video]

Any better?

(I am not a boarder, but I do think the suit idea looks bad ass... not that I would ever do that, either.)

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
We used to do that down from Monte Christo, Although we didn't quite go that that fast. And all I had for a helmet was a miller flyaway. Fun to watch

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I cannot understand the skate board thing.. No brakes, no straps, no room for error.. Only pain and suffering could result. A deer, car, cat, squirrel, or any other unforeseen item could wreak havoc at anytime.

Didn't you go ride dirt bikes in Moab in the snow...
I'll bring ya some prune juice.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ

I have never understood it either. When I lived by the U at the top of the S curve I would see guys crash and burn on that hill and others all the time, the sound of a wrist shattering is hard to get out of your head. My wife calls it Darwinism, I agree.

GAR

Way cool, your friends are BA! did you film this or just edit? They guy around 5:00 was on a butt board, right?
I built couple street luges about 10 years ago. I was clocked around 60mph on a road out by Heber. I can't remember why I stopped riding, something about most certain death....

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Way cool, your friends are BA! did you film this or just edit? They guy around 5:00 was on a butt board, right?
I built couple street luges about 10 years ago. I was clocked around 60mph on a road out by Heber. I can't remember why I stopped riding, something about most certain death....

I just edited this one. Ya he was on a luge a 5:00 minutes. He is super fast... I asked him how quick he's been: he said over 80.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Unfortunately, that road was just tarred and graveled again...not as nice anymore. Cool video, wish I could catch it with zero traffic like that.