Batteries???

Jesser04

What's the best deep cycle agm battery out right now? I'm install quite a bit of car stereo equipment in a cargo trailer and I need probably 4 batteries to run it. It will have a 100 amp variable charge in the trailer that will be plugged in most the time. I need to be able to pick them up locally today price is not really an issue seeing how it's not my money. That all being said is the sears platinum the way to go? They don't have to be agm but I like the idea of mounting them stacked on there side to save space. Let's here what you guys think.

sixstringsteve

I'm not an expert on batteries, and I don't know what AGM means, but I absolutely loved my Die Hard Deep Cycle Marine Group 31 battery. I wish It'd fit in my van, but it won't without lots of fabbing.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I had read Costco batteries are as good as the diehards. Maybe a bit more cost efficient as well?

EDIT: the internet tells me Costco no longer sells Kirkland branded batteries but now sells Interstates which is who made the Kirklands anyway...

Last edited:

rholbrook

I have a Deep Cycle Interstate battery in my garage right now. I just took it out of my boat for testings on stuff. I bought two of them this spring. Come check it out.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
They best deep cycle AGM batteries aren't automotive. Most of the automotive ones sucks. You'll be spending around a grand or more.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I bought a Sears Die Hard Platinum. If you go that route they are usually cheaper online at Sears.com, but they will match the price if you ask.

Jesser04

I priced Sears ones at 220.00 a piece so it would be a grand. Steve the advantage of the dry cell for me is I can lay them on there side and stack them. Does anyone know who sales oddyssey? I will give the woods cross store a call.

Jesser04

They best deep cycle AGM batteries aren't automotive. Most of the automotive ones sucks. You'll be spending around a grand or more.

is there a better option I'm not thinking about? I thought about 6 volts but I would like to save space and I'm not sure I'd benefit that much.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
The sears die hard are no longer available

I just did some research deciding what to get for the Scout.

I had decided on Odyssey. But i found one called Northstar that had better reviews. Its the same case as the Odyssey. I found it for 260 shipped. Havent used it yet but locally the Odyssey was 315+

Jesser04

The sears die hard are no longer available

I just did some research deciding what to get for the Scout.

I had decided on Odyssey. But i found one called Northstar that had better reviews. Its the same case as the Odyssey. I found it for 260 shipped. Havent used it yet but locally the Odyssey was 315+
cool I'll check out batteries plus and northstar tomorrow.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I'm rocking the yellow top optima for the last few years in a jeep that does not see much drive time and it has been perfect.

Jesser04

I ended up getting three interstate agm deep cycle batteries. We ran five 400.4 and two 1600.1 amps pretty hard for 8-12 hours before plugging it in so far I'm impressed with them. They weren't dead either we were just done for the day.