yes or no

• yes rings

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • no rings

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
None of you actually know matt if you think he is a poser. Matt wheels hard, and frequently. Should really refrain from that comment unless youve been with him.

You are looking at paint job #3 due to a recent mishap on Hells Revenge Hells gate. He had a bad spotter who looked away on matts first ride up that obstacle last summer.

He is only asking based on LOOKS alone, and yes the rings are VERY removable, take you about 5 mins a ring max to remove them, and are replaceable. They have protected his rims quite well as far as rock rash. You can see the abuse the rings have taken instead of the rim.

I dunno why they would call them streetlocks, they are just looks.
He came to the wrong website to ask any opinions, he forgot all of you are hardcore wheelers who dont Daily Drive their rig, he also forgot many of you are some elitist jerk's who think that daily drivers dont exist.

Every day this board becomes more like pirate, and less like Rocky Mountain Extreme that was so mellow and laid back when I first joined, and I am amused I wondered why I never come here on a daily basis anymore.

Hey Herzog, why would you move this to chit chat? This is 4x4 related, maybe you should move all those posts about tires and looks and bumpers etc.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
NoTrax said:
None of you actually know matt if you think he is a poser. Matt wheels hard, and frequently. Should really refrain from that comment unless youve been with him.

You are looking at paint job #3 due to a recent mishap on Hells Revenge Hells gate. He had a bad spotter who looked away on matts first ride up that obstacle last summer.

He is only asking based on LOOKS alone, and yes the rings are VERY removable, take you about 5 mins a ring max to remove them, and are replaceable. They have protected his rims quite well as far as rock rash. You can see the abuse the rings have taken instead of the rim.

He came to the wrong website to ask any opinions, he forgot all of you are hardcore wheelers who dont Daily Drive their rig, he also forgot many of you are some elitist jerk's who think that daily drivers dont exist.

Every day this board becomes more like pirate, and less like Rocky Mountain Extreme that was so mellow and laid back when I first joined, and I am amused I wondered why I never come here on a daily basis anymore.

Hey Herzog, why would you move this to chit chat? This is 4x4 related, maybe you should move all those posts about tires and looks and bumpers etc.

Hey Mr. Defensive, what's up?

Nobody called him a poser. I asked him if he was a poser, there is a difference.

He's asking about the looks, and he got opinions based on his question. I didn't notice any flaming or other "harsh" treatment like he could expect on other boards.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
NoTrax said:

Because tires work with terrain... bumpers protect and act as tow points...

See a pattern? It's called FUNCTION. Fake beadlock wheels have no FUNCTION. ;)

I didn't further comment because I believe having a nice clean rig is also a good thing.

NoTrax said:

Wow. That's a doozy! First of all, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Secondly, why ask for opinions if you don't want to hear what people think? And out of idle curiousity, how do you know that we're all hardcore wheelers who don't wheel their daily drivers? I'm quite confident that we haven't wheeled with you so what do you know about my rig or any of the others? This was a fairly tame post, I know I definitely bit my tongue with my response and I'm sure some others did as well. And there is never any tongue biting on Pirate. Don't bash RME just because your friend got his feelings hurt. The bottom line is this...who gives a flying **** what other people think? If you have streetlocks and love them, more power to you! Have a great time out on the trail, wheel the life out of them, and at the end of the day, enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling you get from loving those streetlocks.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
BroncoMama said:
Wow. That's a doozy! First of all, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Secondly, why ask for opinions if you don't want to hear what people think? And out of idle curiousity, how do you know that we're all hardcore wheelers who don't wheel their daily drivers? I'm quite confident that we haven't wheeled with you so what do you know about my rig or any of the others? This was a fairly tame post, I know I definitely bit my tongue with my response and I'm sure some others did as well. And there is never any tongue biting on Pirate. Don't bash RME just because your friend got his feelings hurt. The bottom line is this...who gives a flying **** what other people think? If you have streetlocks and love them, more power to you! Have a great time out on the trail, wheel the life out of them, and at the end of the day, enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling you get from loving those streetlocks.

Maybe my reply was a little harsh, I apoligize to those who I offended. It just gets me when anyone would even call him a poser or even mention it just because of some stupid rings he put on his rig for looks.

Herzog, I dont know what you mean by a clean rig but Ive seen your old cherokee, and your current project. Are you saying you have NOTHING that functions for looks?

Not to mention these DO function as protection for his aluminum rims, if you would have seen them before he painted them they had rock rash up and down them all around. He had them on for about a year or more, probably 4-5 trips.

I could go through General 4x4 and pick out a stack of posts, I think you moved it based on your own bias.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Chrome hood hinges work too, but they're still lame.

and besides, what looks worse, rock-rashed rims or rock-rashed fakelocks?

finally, owners and mods of boards worldwide are allowed to move anything for any reason, if they are capricious with their enormous superpowers so be it. It's not always a democracy LOL

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I can't make up my mind. It would help if you could drive the Jeep over to the local school and take a good picture of it out in the middle of the grass. That way we could all get a good idea how it really looks.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
ON a daily basis I drive by that school this summer and see cars more often than not. Mini vans, Trucks etc. Everyone out helping little "Billy" with his swing, to little league practice.

I have almost wanted to stop and take pictures for all you naysayers, Ive seen them all over the field, next to the Back rests for the diamonds, the soccer poles.

Whiteseides Elementary school in layton, drive by it any weekend day, particularly saturday, wednesdays seem popular as well.

Tacoma, kill yourself?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Kill myself? why? I was commending Bobdog for an excellent memory. That was some funny stuff back then.

Change your name to "Mr. Defensive"??? goooolllly! Lighten up about 5 clicks.

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
Tacoma said:
better yet, let Matt stick up for himself. He asked for opinions and got them, but you're doing all the talking. Interesting.
Good point, why are you (NoTrax) the one getting all p-u-s-s-y-hurt?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
cruiseroutfit said:
Hahaha, I was referring to the "holding of water" as a synonymical expression as to the likelihood of something ;)

I guess streetlocks are like many things that get attached to our sport, stingers, shovel/axe mounts with chrome tools, spare tires on the roof, etc... All show, little go...

don't forget nerf bars and uselessly tall lifts...

rigs like that are kinda like byu co-eds and raver chicks. everyone sees them but no body wants to take one out.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
NoTrax said:
Every day this board becomes more like pirate,
I was just going to read this thread and let it pass with no opinion either way.

BUT the comment above that you made. Does nothing but make you look like a fool.

don't you have a xbox to modify or something :rolleyes:

Meat_

Banned
I always liked the chain hanging between the frame rails on the front of..... anything really.

James K said:
I was just going to read this thread and let it pass with no opinion either way.

BUT the comment above that you made. Does nothing but make you look like a fool.

don't you have a xbox to modify or something :rolleyes:
Maybe if we act more like pirate he'll stop coming here.

JoeT

OK I like how they look :eek: and some black fender flares would look nice. A clean looking rig is nice to have. However I think that on the streetlocks what is more important to the owner, looks or functionality. Sure they may offer a little protection in strengthen the outer lip (Badgers comment not mine). But what is your end goal? How much more for some real beadlocks versus the streetlocks? It's really your call on this. As far as this site being too hardcore, nah.. I made that comment once also. Felt pretty stupid later when I sat down and thought about it. I ate some fine crow that day. -_-

I will admit that I will be adding streetlocks to my sons 96 wrangler. Write-up coming.

Last edited: