Better than plywood for TT floor?

DAA

Supporting Member
The travel trailer we bought last summer came with a soft spot in the bathroom floor. I think I've found and fixed the leaks that caused it. Now I'm replacing the floor.

Have it all torn out, the old deck was 1/2" plywood.

I'm not familiar at all with construction materials. Is there anything better, as in more moisture resistant and/or stronger, that I should consider using? Rather than just using 1/2" plywood again? Or a particular type of plywood? I only need one sheet, so cost isn't a real factor. Figure if there is something better I can use, I might as well do it.

Thanks!

- DAA

RogueJeepr

Here!
You can always prep your new pieces (holes drilled and cut . Then send it to get sprayed with fiberglass. Had a boat done by Unlimited fiberglass (think that's the name) . great work .

Old road signs are good they have a wheather resistant coating on them .

Last edited:
R

rockdog

Concrete form plywood. The kind they use to redo symons forms is good stuff. Water won't touch the stuff. But I don't think you really need to worry about plain plywood if it isn't getting wet anymore.

Rock Taco

Concrete form plywood. The kind they use to redo symons forms is good stuff. Water won't touch the stuff. But I don't think you really need to worry about plain plywood if it isn't getting wet anymore.

I'd definitely go this route. It's made to hold concrete together, withstand the moisture and chemicals from the concrete, and still be strong enough to come apart and be used again.

BBOES is what we have used. I have only seen it 3/4" thick. But you could try MDO or HDO its similar but usually a little cheaper.

R

rockdog

BBOES is what we have used. I have only seen it 3/4" thick. But you could try MDO or HDO its similar but usually a little cheaper.

They make 1/2" it's fairly common. Trust me I know all about it! My dad owned a basement forming business. I grew up packing them and refacing them.