BLM called and needs a Moab rock rolled

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
The Moab BLM called me yesterday and asked if we could assist with having a boulder moved in the Potato Salad Hill area. If someone could go look at the boulder and move it back in place, or tell us more what is needed to put it back in place they would appreciate it.

They wanted to make it very clear that we DONT DO ANYTHING THAT WE ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH as far as risking damage or injury.

I was not 100% clear where the boulder was that needed to be moved. But She said it would be obvious what it was once we got there. It was either on the left side with a drainage ditch or it was by the creek. Either way these boulders have been placed in a row to prevent the ATV's and Jeeps from driving down into the water. The need the boulder just pushed back in to position to discourage driving down into the water areas.

Again don't do anything dangerous or that you are not comfortable with. If it is an easy move we have permission to put it back in place. If it will take several winches, or more equipment we can try to round up more troops. And if it is so large that heavy equipment is needed we can turn it back over to the BLM. My guess is that it was the smallest rock in the fence and it will be the easiest to put back in place. The person who reported it said that even group of people could probably push it back into place.

Can anyone assist or have a look for us? If you have questions let me know, I can get more info or phone numbers if needed.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If anybody can hop on this, it will give us another chance to show us how we are willing to help out even in little situations.

I would love to have us (4 wheelers) as the 'go to' people for fixing problems like this instead of being blamed for them. The fact that they called Rusted is a big step towards that direction and a great opportunity.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
The people that called asking for help are the ones I am working with for the Easter weekend clean up of the area.

notajeep

Just me
I can probably do it today at lunch. Assuming my truck and or winch can pull it where it needs to be. Any idea how large it is and how far it needs to be moved?
Dan

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
My guess only. it is small enough to be moved by people if you had enough. I would think that a winch could move it without much effort. And I am sure it was just moved enough to allow ATV's to pass through, so back enough to block ATV's. I will PM you my cell phone number, so if you get there and have questions I can try to contact people with information.

notajeep

Just me
All done. It just took a few minutes. I unleashed every last horse power the Toyota had...... and all 60 of them moved that rock with no problems. :greg:

Crinco

I'll second what Shane said, It'd be great to have the BLM on our team, watching our back and providing them with anyhing we can do to help out in return.
Good work Dan!
Chris R.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Thanks, Dan! I was helping with the Half-Marathon this morning, and heard about the rock from some BLM people that were there also. They said that they were calling rusted about it... glad it was a quick fix!