BLM Vernal meetings

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Thanks for the heads up Jack.

Anybody going to make this?

LM Hosts Public Open Houses for Travel Management Planning in Vernal

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Vernal Field Office (VFO) announces that the public scoping period for the North Travel Management and Transportation Plan Environmental Assessment (EA) will run from June 5, 2013, to July 6, 2013. Two public open houses will be held during this period to give interested members of the public an opportunity to get involved in the planning process by providing written comments.

The purpose of the public scoping process is to determine relevant issues that will influence the environmental analysis, including alternatives, and guide the planning process. The BLM will host open houses where the public can provide input on route designation criteria and travel routes in the planning area that are important to their use of public lands. These meetings will also help inform the public about the BLM’s multi-step travel management planning process. Written comments will be accepted during the public scoping meetings and throughout the scoping period, which ends July 6, 2013.

The two public open houses for the North Travel Management Area will be held on:

June 5, 2013
5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Manila Old Timers Center
165 E Hwy 43
Manila, Utah 84046

June 6, 2013
6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Uintah County Library
204 E 100 N
Vernal, Utah 84078

The first area to be analyzed is the North Travel and Transportation Management Area. This area includes all of Daggett County and northeast Uintah County. In advance of the open houses, the public is encouraged to view a map of the planning area and the current route inventory map. An online comment form is also available on the webpage for those wishing to submit comments electronically.

Download Map
Download Comment Form

Before including your address, phone number, email address, or other personal identifying information in your comment, be aware that your entire comment – including personal identifying information – may be made publicly available at any time. While you can ask us in your comment to withhold your personal identifying information from public review, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so. The BLM will not consider anonymous comments. Written comments can be mailed to the Vernal Field Office, 170 South 500 East, Vernal, UT 84078 or submitted to: BLM_UT_Vernal_Comments@blm.gov

For additional information, please call Marta Call at (435)-781-4423.

Badbuggy

rock star
Now that we are in the middle of our Draft RMP, I wish I would have spent more time during the scoping period. Look at every road, and comment on everything you can.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I will go in some capacity at some time pursuant to this-- as I'm unsure of my schedule at the moment, I can't say for sure, but I am positive that I will be in the area in a close enough time-frame to weigh in and get some info. Stay tuned.