Jeep brake upgrade to ebc???

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have a 2006 LJ running 4.56 gears on 33x12.50 bfg at's.... I use this vehicle to deliver pizza at night as a part time job... and I drive it hard and deep so the brakes do wear fast and I was wondering if anyone has upgraded to EBC brakes and if they are worth the cost?

Currently I am using the orielly premium brake pads and they seem to work and last pretty good.

So tell me some stories.....
John

DAA

I've got yellows on the front and greens in the rear. Put new Centric premium rotors on at the same time as the pads, which was 45,000 miles ago. I can still lock up my 35's on the street if I want to.

No idea how they might compare to what you are running though. Or how long they might last in your application. For me, they were an improvement over the stock stuff and have already lasted me a good long while and look like they still have some years left on them. I rarely get on the brakes very hard though, expecially with a manual, brakes probably last me longer than they do some others.

I know a guy that does autocross and he'll go through a set of new pads in a weekend.

- DAA

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
$235 for two rotors and pads is a great deal... the pads I am using are $75 a pair and the rotors even the cheaps ones are 99 bucks each... so when its time to replace mine I am going with the black majic ones...