BRC Action Alert

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
From BRC email:

Greetings BRC Action Alert Subscribers!

This is an important follow up to the Action Alert we sent out on July 23rd about the America's Great Outdoors Initiative "Listening Session" announced for Salt Lake City, Utah. Since then we have been inundated with emails and forwards of alerts from other organizations containing changes and updates to the time of the event.

After two days of phone calls and emails to the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, I have what I believe to be the actual time.
CAUTION!: Based on past experience with these "Listening Sessions," I highly recommend you check early next week to make sure that the time hasn't changed again.
The agency appears to be holding two separate meetings. The official meeting with department officials will be held from 10:00 am to 1:15 pm. The second meeting is supposed to focus on young people in Utah and will run from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm.

IMPORTANT: To ensure sufficient space for everyone, the organizers are encouraging folks to register by Wednesday, July 28. Simply send your name, email address, and telephone number via e-mail to americasgreatoutdoorsyouthslc@blm.gov or via fax to (801) 539-4074. They will notify the public if they reach capacity.

As always, call or email if you have any questions or comments.

Ric Foster
Public Lands Department Manager
BlueRibbon Coalition
208-237-1008 ext 107

Notice of Public Listening Session On The President's America's Great Outdoors Initiative

When: Tuesday, August 3, 10:00 AM to 1:15 PM

Where: Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
215 West South Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
(801) 531-7500
http://www.radisson.com/

Who: Senior leadership from the U.S. Department of the Interior, the White House
Council on Environmental Quality, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency and other federal agencies will be present
to hear your thoughts and participate in a conversation about America's Great
Outdoors.

Who: Young people from the Utah area

What: A discussion on America's Great Outdoors

When: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Where: Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
215 West South Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
(801) 531-7500
http://www.radisson.com/