Bro, does your sxs even overland?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I used to think so too, then I bought a 2016 Pilot, basically the same drivetrain as a ridgeline, and it was the biggest POS I’ve ever owned. I’ll never buy another Honda, unless it’s 2004ish or older.
My HP Tuners software that can change literally any PID on any GM engine, Ford Powerstroke or hundreds of other vehicle PCM's can't even read O2 sensor voltage on any Honda due to their software lockdown. No Honda's for me.

And Just when I thought I couldn't hate SXS's any more, we spent the weekend out at Cherry creek with SXS's running around all night litterally doing doughnuts tearing up the Weis highway, now this.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
347622819_933187984677056_3276007905765957682_n.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Several of my neighbors have now sold their Polaris SXS’s after getting multiple “Do not ride” recalls from the manufacturer. Making payments on a $40k machine that sits half a year isn’t fun.

rholbrook

My Pro XP 4 had a turbo seal recall and a leaky fuel pump. I got mine in and out. I don't know what all the fuss was about. My Pro R 4 has a battery cable route recall but I haven't worried about that. My KTM 890 Adventrure R has a Continental TKC80 tire recall on it. I get brand new tires of my choice next week. Its all part of life any more.

Any of you don't think SXS's are fun, come ride in my Pro R 4.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Any of you don't think SXS's are fun, come ride in my Pro R 4.
It's not about fun. I'm sure they're a blast, I'll probably have one sooner or later. It's about the shifting dynamic their existence has brought to the table. They've made the back country accessible to a huge and novice user base that is causing huge heartburn.

Disrespectful people make everything around them less fun, and the SxS user base has a huge subset of very disrespectful users, way out of proportion to any other offroad user base IMO. I try to judge people by their actions and not by what they drive or whatever, but the SxS community makes that hard.

Coco

I agree 100% that their are bad apples in the SXS community, and as I have said before I try hard to help change that in any way I can. I even agree with the mandatory OHV course that the state did. I think it is them trying to curb the problem, or push education out . Lot of people complained about it in several of the SXS groups I am in, and that is exactly the people that needed the course IMHO. I do truly hope it gets better, and people can have more common sense and trail etiquette, including treading lightly in our public lands.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
AND.... There are millions of sxs owners, including myself, that have never even come close being able to be called a 'sxs owner'.. I know there are a lot of bad apples... but it's still probably proportionate (ish) to other user groups. There are just 50x's more of them.

STAG

On my grind
I don’t want to throw my dad under the bus but honestly my dad drives his SXS a little bit on the side of the fence towards the asshole side in my opinion. Bad enough to where the few times I’ve been up AF canyon with him I’ve had to say something because I was irritated with him about it. Driving too fast past camp sites or passing vehicles etc.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
The problem in my opinion is that side by side allow for "financed" skill set and access.

What I mean by that is it used to be that if you wanted to go "x" speed in "x" terrain or access "x" level of terrain- you had to have the knowledge and skill set to build a vehicle that would allow you to do that. The skill set and knowledge had to come first, + the investment of time. This acted as an inadvertent "Gatekeeper" of sorts IMO.

Even dirt bikes throw you off if you don't have the appropriate level of skill set.

Now all you need is a 550 credit score, the ability to make a payment and a butt to fill the seat. I relate it to first time buyers of 1000cc sport bikes- often they are such a menace to themselves and others.

Now if I could just finance a street legal trophy truck, I would be such a menace... 😂

Tonkaman

I relate it to first time buyers of 1000cc sport bikes- often they are such a menace to themselves and others.
I used to hangout at Honda-Suzuki quite a bit. Whenever they would sell a 1000cc bike to someone that shouldn’t have one, we would all line up at the windows and watch the carnage unfold as they attempted to drive out of the lot onto state street. It was always entertaining 😆

rholbrook

My Element got here early. I pulled the ugly decals off of it and got busy finding all the parts I need to to make it my own. I still don’t think I should have bought another Rubicon but my bank account says I should have. It is actually well thought out and the A/C rocks. It really drives nice. A street legal kit is a few weeks out Ryco Motosports said but for now, I have a roof rack I have to put together and on it. I already put rock sliders on it and the side mirrors. Came with a 4,500 winch which probably isn’t enough. Windows get tinted Wednesday and I can’t wait to put the RTT on it and take my grandson camping and fishing in it. I think it will fit 32” tires which it will get when I wear the 30s out. The wife and I took it to get dinner last night and had a couple of people asking if they could check it out
IMG_0612.jpeg

Last edited: