bubbleball

sixstringsteve

On July 4, 2014 we invented a new sport: Bubbleball

Rules:

- Ball must be completely in the laundry basket for a point to count
- Passing is allowed
- You are not allowed to hold the ball inside your bubble unless you're moving it from the bottom of the ball to the top

[video=youtube;LDZd_CjE4pg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDZd_CjE4pg[/video]

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
the soccer verson
[video=youtube;f92yfPFl9NY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f92yfPFl9NY#t=10[/video]

sixstringsteve

Dangit, he beat me by a week. I hadn't seen that one yet.

My video suddenly feels pretty lame. :(

Devinsupertramp is amazing. He's got some great gear, great actors, great music, great ideas, tons of experience, and a fun atmosphere.

I'd love to re-film it with a 500 fps 1080p camera, gymbal, quadcopter, and a host of awesome actors, but even then it'd never be half as good as Devin's. He's a stud.

Last edited:

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
sorry Steve, that was not my intent.

Your vids are always awesome because of your video work and because I often know the people and places.
Heck, I can't even seem to take still photos any more...

sixstringsteve

No worries at all, I'm glad you posted it. It's 100% relevant to this thread, and he's awesome. It's just sad to see how pathetic my video appears side by side with his. :)

I was thinking the rental company would want to use my video for promo, but I have a feeling they'll be going with devin's video instead.

On a side note, there is a HUGE difference between the gopro white, silver, and black editions. We filmed with all 3 and it's night and day. I'll never film with anything other than a black edition if I can help it.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

We definitely didn't choreograph it or have a corporate sponsor, that's for sure. :) In fact, we weren't planning on filming it. We all just happened to have our GoPros with us so we decided to turn them on while we played.

We tried soccer, but it was pretty boring. Once we added the ability to pick it up and pass it around, it became a lot more fun. It was just as much fun to watch as it was to play.

you can rent these from utahbubbleballs.com

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

You either roll over on to your stomach and stand up on your knees, then feet; or you hope they knocked you hard enough to spin all the way around to where your feet land on the ground.