Bull Hollow Race Report and Photos

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
The Bull Hollow Race was awesome. We drove down Friday at 1pm. I helped Cascadia load up while my wife finished work and then we cruised down.

Stopped at the Gemini Bridges parking lot in Moab.

We ran into RockReligious' brother and family in Moab and drove with them a bit until we hit Monticello.

I stopped to shoot Wilson Arch and some other neat formations between Moab and Monticello.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
We set up camp at Bull Hollow Race way. The temperature was perfect.

In the morning we got to watch the Minis race, and because it was a GP race we also got to watch the Experts and the Amateurs both race. Very cool.

In the main event I had some bike issues due to a brand new clutch and clutch cable grabbing and causing stalls.
Even with this issue I still was finishing laps within 4 minutes of the class leaders.
The course consisted of 3/4's of the outdoors style motocross track and then the desert section then the remaining 1/4 of the track. This consisted of one loop. Everyone in our class finished after the leader finished 4 laps.
It's a great format and the course was very well groomed and very well marked. Probably my favorite course of the season despite my frustrating mechanical issues.
The desert section was very very tight with only a few places to even get out of 3rd gear. I think we counted about 4 possible places to pass.
Even though I didn't need fuel, I pulled into pit after my 2nd lap to try to fix my stalling issues. We yanked my breather cap and fussed with the clutch and idle speed which seamed to help.
With the bike back working I was able to get back on course and pass 10 or 12 riders to pull back into the middle of the pack.
I missed the cutoff for the 4th lap by less than 2 minutes but I was still able to finish 6th in class.

I can't wait for the next time I get to race this course. It was amazing!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
After the race we hung around for a bit and surprisingly our crew wasn't really tired? So we went back on the track and rode for 2 hours. Luke and I practiced all the jumps over and over until we figured out the rhythm on the big step down and big step up jumps.

After a little birthday party for RockReligious' boy we headed out of town to camp the night in Moab.

I've got to say: the drive between Monticello and Moab is amazing!