Butterfields OPEN!!!!!!!!

lilsamiman

Stupid TV, be more funny!
Yeah it did open this past week. Like on wed or thurs. Took a little drive, the toole side is still coverd with snow. As some of you know, its not a super place to wheel. But a lot of fun. Probably see you up there.

ZUKEYPR

lilsamiman said:
Yeah it did open this past week. Like on wed or thurs. Took a little drive, the toole side is still coverd with snow. As some of you know, its not a super place to wheel. But a lot of fun. Probably see you up there.

You do realize everything but the main road is closed to motorized vehicles? The County is watching it very closely for violators and do intend on imposing fines on such. That canyon used to be pretty nice but there has been a ton of yahoos tearing the crap out of it. They really made a mess of the Tooele side last year. Blazed their own trial straight up to the top corssing the main road numerous times. What a mess!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Ditto... please stay on the roads. :)

Mabey we can shat with SL County about getting a legal OHV trail in Butterfield. Anyone want to make some research calls to the county?

Bone Down

I chatted with County today about Yellow Fork and Rose Canyon, also mentioned was Butterfield and this summer they are ramping up the patrol and will start issuing tickets to violators.

The Sheriff's Department is now equipt with 600cc Enduro's for chasing down offenders on them tight trails.

Caleb

More patrol in that canyon excites me. That used to be one of the best places (so close to home) to go camping, now you can no longer even enjoy that canyon.

Bone Down

well back in high school, butterfield canyon and lark sand dunes use to be places that friends and I would hang out on the weekends, then all of a sudden both of them were closed off and the only thing that I knew was that Kennicott purchased them and closed them off.

Is there more to this than I know?

Caleb

Bone Down said:
well back in high school, butterfield canyon and lark sand dunes use to be places that friends and I would hang out on the weekends, then all of a sudden both of them were closed off and the only thing that I knew was that Kennicott purchased them and closed them off.

Is there more to this than I know?

as far as I can remember (and as far as I know) Kennecott has always owned Butterfield Canyon. It wasn't till people started trashing the place and vandalizing anything within reach that they started to restrict areas with fencing and such.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Supergper said:
as far as I can remember (and as far as I know) Kennecott has always owned Butterfield Canyon. It wasn't till people started trashing the place and vandalizing anything within reach that they started to restrict areas with fencing and such.

I was under the same impression, the Kenecott bought & acquired all the mine claims & surface rights up Butterfield Canyon. Same scenario as Corner Cnyon... it was never legally open, rather the private property was never enforced until now. (and PP has been purchased by Draper City)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Bone Down said:
...what is PP in draper?

Private Property

Some of the "Lower Corner" area (including the Silica pits, the "red hill" etc) have been turned into the Draper Preservation District, basically a foot traffic park.

Bone Down

cruiseroutfit said:
Private Property

Some of the "Lower Corner" area (including the Silica pits, the "red hill" etc) have been turned into the Draper Preservation District, basically a foot traffic park.

Well I am glad I called SL County first, becasue I have been itching to explore Rose Canyon and the such, but it appears that most I will be doing is finding out how far a particular road goes until it ends. :)