Bye bye Donut Falls

crapmanche4l

...no more! Call me Murphey
mbryson said:
:eek: :( :eek:

Can't really blame the landowners, though. They could get their hiney's sued...
Yeah , but that still frikin sucks man, we used to always go up, that was the woman's favorite place to go on a sunny weekend :sick: :(

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
What a trip to think that it is now closed. It doesn't seem right to be able to deny access to such a unique geological feature. I'm glad I went up there this summer, I hadn't been for quite a while but at least I got a trip in right before it closed.

:(

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Old news ;)

They actually have been considering closing it since the day that the kid got killed last year. Too many frivoulous sue-happy people to allow on their "attractive nuisance" property.

I have visited the site dozens of times, I have no doubt that the USFS will bend over backwards to please the hikers... Wish they were willing to go out of their way for our sport.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
EZRhino said:
..They conveniently weren't able to find any easements or public right of way...

Too my knowledge there are NO legal easements, regress or ROW's for trails that you WALK on. However, had they been letting us drive on this trail for the last 50 years (like it once originally was), the landowners would have a lot bigger battle on their hands.

I suspect the USFS has a little more insight on the deal, I would think a lop-sided land swap is already in the works...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
cruiseroutfit said:
Too my knowledge there are NO legal easements, regress or ROW's for trails that you WALK on. ...

I stand corrected. A very knowledgable freind and fellow jeeper emailed me otherwise. So, technically the USFS does have a legal approach (very minimal and difficult), but it is a 99.9999% chance that they will not persue it.

Hope it all works out for the best.. :D

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Of course they won't. They don't give a damn about you and I. All they care about is saving the precious "watershed" and micro organisms and "endangered" flies.

EZ

sibeta

My dad knew the land owner up there. He actually opened the gate and let us drive up there back behind doughnut falls up to the mines, all time in my mog. He was really cool. We havent been up in at least a year though.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
sibeta said:
My dad knew the land owner up there. He actually opened the gate and let us drive up there back behind doughnut falls up to the mines, all time in my mog. He was really cool. We havent been up in at least a year though.

You are referring to one of the landowners of Cardiff Fork property (there are several). From the sound of it, the owners of Donut Falls have never even seen ther property, I am guessing they have hired a prop. managment company here in SLC to post the signs, etc. Not 100%