Camelbak or Ogio Group Buy

Cascadia

Undecided
Anybody interested in anything from camelbak or Ogio? There are a few things I want to get and seeing if anyone else wants stuff for a group buy. I was thinking about a flight vest and maybe a camelbak for medium rides. Let me know if there is any interest and what you want and I can pm you back over the next few days.

cjncustoms

Camelbak is a supporter of the greater canyonlands national monument movement. Just a little FYI. therefore I would recommend not supporting their company by purchasing their products. I'm sure there are plenty of other viable options;)

jentzschman

Camelbak is a supporter of the greater canyonlands national monument movement. Just a little FYI. therefore I would recommend not supporting their company by purchasing their products. I'm sure there are plenty of other viable options;)

Great, and I just bought a new pack from them for riding....

Caleb

If you can get the Ogio Flight Vest for cheaper than I can get it (about $110) then I would be interested in that. I bet Steve may be interested as well (I know he's asked me about them in the past).

Samersen

Hey check into Geigerrig, http://www.geigerrig.com They are a great local company up in Ogden, I have two of their packs and love them top quality! I could be wrong but I am fairly sure they are supporters of BFE. And you can pick up a couple for ski and mountain bike life passes when you buy the bag. They don't support the Canyonlands who-haa.

jentzschman

Curious: Why are these vest so popular? I hear all kinds of complaints about backpacks vs these vests but yet to have any issue riding with a backpack.

Caleb

Curious: Why are these vest so popular? I hear all kinds of complaints about backpacks vs these vests but yet to have any issue riding with a backpack.

I have no complaints about using my backpack, but these vests make it easier. The reason is, they distribute the wight you are carring on two straps on your back to your entire body. You can carry more (if you want to) and feel like you're carrying less. Plus they have pockets on the front which makes it extremely handy for things like chapstick and a camera. I think the reason I haven't bought a vest yet is I have no real complaints about my backpack, but if I can make it that much better, I might just do that.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Hey check into Geigerrig, http://www.geigerrig.com They are a great local company up in Ogden, I have two of their packs and love them top quality! I could be wrong but I am fairly sure they are supporters of BFE. And you can pick up a couple for ski and mountain bike life passes when you buy the bag. They don't support the Canyonlands who-haa.
My fam has 2 of these and love em. Better than any camelback.

YOUKNOW

I have one of these as well. Awesome packs. They sell them at Costco sometimes as a road show. They also have inline filters that you can connect so when you are not near a clean water source, you can filter right there and then.

Caleb

I'll continue to wear my body armor under it. I know most of the guys I know that have a flight vest either wear a chest protector or body armor. It won't protect you, so if you wear one now, I think you would still want to wear one.