South-East Utah Camping near Arches National Park

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
Hey all,

Planning a camping trip near arches. Me and the wife’s first time exploring arches.

I haven't done much camping in moab, any info or suggestions would be mucho appreciated. Arches must see’s or favorite camping in the area.

I tow a smaller 20’ “offroad” camper, all about boon docking in remote areas.

Where ya’ll campin when you visit moab?

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
Dalton Wells Rd North of Moab. We stay out here every time we go down to dirt bike. It has always been pretty quiet, not much traffic (even though it is close to the single track). 2wd accessible. There's a few coves to back in to, and plenty of flat ground if they are taken.
Perfect. Very close to another one i was interested in. Looking at maps, there seems to be some decent potential places off Willow Springs Road as well.

Hoping spots like this will get pretty dark for some star gazing.

Thsnks!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
It'll be dark there for sure. Just watch to make sure you're not inside Utahraptor State Park boundaries, I haven't looked to see exactly where it sits but Willow Springs Rd runs right through the middle of it and the whole state park is camping in designated areas only...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
It'll be dark there for sure. Just watch to make sure you're not inside Utahraptor State Park boundaries, I haven't looked to see exactly where it sits but Willow Springs Rd runs right through the middle of it and the whole state park is camping in designated areas only...

This is for real. Land of continuous improvement :rolleyes:

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
Ah, this is why I ask. OnX has most of Willow Springs blocked off as part of the park. I was curious if that means it’s supposed to be a pay area?

Does the designated area just mean anywhere with an existing fire pit is safe? Thats what I always go for, existing pits. Though I typically end up improving the pit everywhere I go. Cleaning out the pit and re-stacking rocks as needed. OCD..