Can I get an AMC Eagle?

A while back, I considered buying an H3 and was properly scolded by everyone.

So, now I'm thinking about buying an AMC Eagle and outfitting it as a desert ralley car.

I'd like to get a 2-door SX4, but I will probably end up with a 4-door wagon (there's more of them around).

Is this socially acceptable or will it further impede my peepicular qualifications?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I would absolutely own an H3 or an Eagle. Darwin on here used to wheel the piss out of an eagle. I have liked the H3 since it came out, it's now even better with a v8.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
H3= yuppy scum
eagle= high school kid with no friends, or morals,
finally finishing one of your scout projects= never gonna happen
giving me your 1 ton axles= priceless.

finally finishing one of your scout projects= never gonna happen

You know Scout projects are never really finished, they go on forever! But I'm confident that both of my are trailworthy at all times. Well, except the headlight switch on the red one came off in my hand the other day. It's restricted to daytime driving until I get a new one. :)

GOAT

Back from the beyond
you'll be getting all the b*tches in this ride!
83.amc.eagle.500.jpg

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That would be awesome, Steve!!! My first car was the 2wd version, and I'd LOVE an Eagle w/a 4.0 and some upgrades. Do it!!!! Rally blister on the hood, flat black hood. Hell yeah.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Yeah do it, everyone encourage him, maybe that way he'll finally sell me the axles sitting under a tarp that are never ever ever going to get installed on a scout.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
My Scout was no joke. Went everyplace the Tojo's and Jeeps did except for the extreme rock crawling which it wasn't set up for. In fact there wasn't such a thing then. Go for the Eagle Steve, I even remember a GMC (Sorry AMC) Gremlin that did very well back in the mid 70's.

Last edited:

mule2k

Might darwins eagle be the one I saw a few years ago with 35's or 36's and a huge Descendents sticker in the back window? Eagles are sweet GET ONE!