Can I rewind the last 12 hours

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
We have had too much fun the last 12 hours. Yesterday I was hoping to go buy some parts after work but went out and realized my wife went off shopping in our Grand Cherokee. My daughter came out a while later and said she had been in a wreck. It seems that some young guy came out of a Jiffy Lube and cut across several lanes of traffic while cars on 7200 So were backed up but didn't look at the turn lane my wife was in and side swiped her. His new Yaris was a mess and we now need a new front fender, and both passenger doors. She was able to drive home and no one was hurt. The kid kept telling her it was her fault and that she hit him. The police showed up quickly and gave him the ticket and explained that how could it be her fault when he hit the side of our Jeep with the front of his car.
This morning I couldn't get into the VPN at work so I had to drive in to work. My Jeep has to stick around for insurance adjusters so I jumped in our 02 GMC truck. But while driving up 39th S in the messy bumpy construction zone the truck died. I managed to get it off the side of the road but had to walk home a couple of miles and get my son to drag me back home. I finally made it to work driving my Scrambler. I sure would like to hit the rewind button and make some changes.

I do need to figure out why the truck died, it has died a couple of times before but it always started back up again. This time it didn't.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Bummer man.

I have a truck that would die after hitting bumps every now and then. The main harness plug going through the fire wall had some corrosion on it, which would lose connection when hitting a bump.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Bummer man.

I have a truck that would die after hitting bumps every now and then. The main harness plug going through the fire wall had some corrosion on it, which would lose connection when hitting a bump.
I will have to check for that when I get home from work

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I hear you brother.

Last week we had gone to Denver so we could take the train home... Something we've wanted to do for a long time. We board the train at 730. At 740 they get on the comm and say our car has a leaking brake system and has to be removed from the train. Everyone then has to get off and stand in the 50 degree rain waiting 45 minutes only to find out there is no room on any of the other cars and we'd have to stay another night in Denver. I had to work the next day and we had to pick up our pack of goblins, so I spent 45 minutes on the phone finding a rental car, took the 45 minute light rail to the airport, then the 20 minute shuttle to the rental cars. We got a rental, and then I totalled it within a quarter mile of the airport. So then we had to stand in the rain for another 45 minutes waiting on the cops and ambulances and tow trucks to do their thing (nobody was hurt), then hitched a ride back to the rental car joint to get a second car to drive home.

Sometimes a day can just **** the **** off.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Boy, I thought I had a couple rough days in a row.. but now I would feel silly just typing my story 🤦‍♂️

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I hooked up the scanners on the truck and it looks like I need a new crank position sensor. I just need to find the engineer that put it in on the back of the 8.1 engine up on top of the block where it can't be reached easily and whack him upside the head.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Well I got the new crank sensor in. Biggest PITA ever. The sensor is on the back of the engine on the top of the block behind the left head. There is little to no room to reach your hands in there and there are fuel lines and brackets that block access to the sensor bolt. I ended up taking off a bell housing bolt, the fuel line bracket and disconnected the fuel rail feed lines. After all this I had to use a very short 10 mm wrench and use the force to find the bolt. I ended up getting the bolt out after an hour or so. After getting the bolt out the sensor itself was stuck. I had read about people breaking the sensor off in the block, which is game over, so I worked carefully and got the sensor to move then with it rotated a bit I could use a stubby screwdriver to pry it out. After getting it out and putting in the new one it is running again. I only ended up with four cuts, a section of skin on my hand worn off, and lots of things muttered about GM engineers. I was lucky my hands are small, big hands would have never fit.
On the other front the Jeep repair estimate is only up to double what the adjuster originally thought.