Can we build an endurocross track?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I have been wanting to ride some endurocross for a long time. I have never tried the Herriman race because I don't know how bad I will suck yet. As far as I can tell, there is not an established track anywhere to practice on. I would be very interested in putting one together.. I just lack the land, tractor, lumber, tires, etc.
My mind tells me that there has to be a place that we could build a fun track. Some one has to have an empty acre looking for a happy use.

I imagine we could build something small on public land without breaking too many laws (make a stack of downed logs, organize rocks into piles, etc) but tractor work and bringing in items would be out for sure.

Any thoughts or places??

Cascadia

Undecided
A friend of mind has a full endurocross track in his back yard. And I mean a legit track that some local pros train on. He's invited me several times but we can never make our schedules work.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I've recieved leaked information that Gunnison City is concidering building a endurocross track next to thier BMX track sometime this year. Its a ways south of you guys. just sign up for the Manti and Juab endurocross races, there is different classes and you can learn as you go.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Go try the herriman course and see if you hate it first?
There used to be some obstacles at the Jordan River OHV you could jump around on. I never liked hurting myself when I could go fast instead so I never messed around on them.

jeeper

The bug to build something still hasn't left me. I have been out on Lake Mountain a few times recently, and people have made some corner tracks for practice. I have pinned the biggest one on this map:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wAfaBXNXZQieOjjc23HUWE48gIg&usp=sharing

This area is on Public land, and is hidden in a little bowl area of the mountain. The truck access is not the best, but possible.
So I have 2 questions:

1-How much trouble do you think we would get in for bringing ORGANIC (tree logs, rocks from the area) materials into this spot? I believe it to be open travel area, and logs aren't much different than fire wood..
2-Does anyone else have a desire to build and ride a track there with me??

I imagine this would start very small, just a few obstacles to play on..

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
1. Worst case: They could fine you and force you to pay their contracted of choice to make the repairs aka reclamation. Worseer case some dude breaks his neck on your logs, you get sued?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Not to argue with you Kurt but what is the difference between stacking logs or piling rocks to ride on vs for a fire or fire ring?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jeeper

Not to argue with you Kurt but what is the difference between stacking logs or piling rocks to ride on vs for a fire or fire ring?

I can understand the sue concern. I would be making a specific obstacle for a specific purpose. If joe blow crashes, he could say it was my fault for building the obstacle. I don't think they would win in a suit, but that doesn't mean it wont be costly.

This thread will be deleted before anything gets built.. and I won't admit to anything :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

How about the intent of such an item. Build a firepit in the middle of a road, expect the same exposure. Is that area open to cross-country travel?