Can we talk dogs?

Houndoc

Any mix breed (that includes all the doodles) are hard to predict. Most don't shed which is big part of the craze behind breeding poodles to everything.
Giant schnauzers are fun dogs, which we saw more of them. I do have a friend that breeds them if you need a lead.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
We spent about an hour with our friends this afternoon and there bernedoodle. Mocha was about the best behaved dog I've ever been around. I was super impressed by her behavior. I know they have spent a ton of time and effort getting her trained, but she was a super great dog.

Naturally, I got home and looked them up on KSL and they range from $300 to $3500 and there are micro, mini, and standards which all mean different things. That's what drive me nuts about crosses, like @Houndoc said, there is nothing uniform about them so you really don't know what you're going to get.

I'd totally take a copy of this dog, today. We'll see how things go in the coming weeks and months.

Jesser04

We spent about an hour with our friends this afternoon and there bernedoodle. Mocha was about the best behaved dog I've ever been around. I was super impressed by her behavior. I know they have spent a ton of time and effort getting her trained, but she was a super great dog.

Naturally, I got home and looked them up on KSL and they range from $300 to $3500 and there are micro, mini, and standards which all mean different things. That's what drive me nuts about crosses, like @Houndoc said, there is nothing uniform about them so you really don't know what you're going to get.

I'd totally take a copy of this dog, today. We'll see how things go in the coming weeks and months.

Whatever you do if you’re getting mini poodle mix breed get the first cross. We have two golden doodles a f1 (golden retriever bred withmini poodle) and f1b (golden doodle bred with mini poodle). It could just be our dog but the f1 is way more chill and rarely barks the f1b on the other hand i can’t stand… for reference in the pic little one bad big one good.IMG_8170.jpeg

Last edited:

Tonkaman

I’m a firm believer that genetics plays a big role in how they will turn out. Spend the extra money, buy from a breeder with a good reputation.

I believe the next best indicator of how they will behave is what their first few weeks of life were like. The adult dogs imprint a lot of information on a puppy. If those other dogs are disciplined, clean, and loyal then your puppy will assume those traits to be fundamental. This is another reason to buy from a well better breeder, that takes training very seriously.

That’s just my 2¢

Trate D

Whatever you do if you’re getting mini poodle mix breed get the first cross. We have two golden doodles a f1 (golden retriever bred withmini poodle) and f1b (golden doodle bred with mini poodle). It could just be our dog but the f1 is way more chill and rarely barks the f1b on the other hand i can’t stand… for reference in the pic little one bad big one good.View attachment 170542
Maybe all my profiling has always been right. I’ve never been around or seen a dog that looks like the small one that wasn’t a barking, chasing kids on bike’s little asshole. 😂😂

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Whatever you do if you’re getting mini poodle mix breed get the first cross. We have two golden doodles a f1 (golden retriever bred withmini poodle) and f1b (golden doodle bred with mini poodle). It could just be our dog but the f1 is way more chill and rarely barks the f1b on the other hand i can’t stand… for reference in the pic little one bad big one good.
That’s a good shout. I don’t want a little dog, I want a bigger one in the 65 lb range. I think the one we were with yesterday was a pure Burnese breed with a pure poodle but the poodle might have been a burnepoo. I found a few places online last night that seemed legit with testing and whatnot.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Whatever you do if you’re getting mini poodle mix breed get the first cross. We have two golden doodles a f1 (golden retriever bred withmini poodle) and f1b (golden doodle bred with mini poodle). It could just be our dog but the f1 is way more chill and rarely barks the f1b on the other hand i can’t stand… for reference in the pic little one bad big one good.
Mine are the opposite. Both are Aussie-Doodles but the first one is 3/4 Standard poodle and extremely chill. The second is 50-50 and barks at his own echo bouncing off the mountain.

Houndoc

I’m a firm believer that genetics plays a big role in how they will turn out. Spend the extra money, buy from a breeder with a good reputation.

I believe the next best indicator of how they will behave is what their first few weeks of life were like. The adult dogs imprint a lot of information on a puppy. If those other dogs are disciplined, clean, and loyal then your puppy will assume those traits to be fundamental. This is another reason to buy from a well better breeder, that takes training very seriously.

That’s just my 2¢
Overall agree, but as with anything price does not always equal quality.

Reputation is critical.

Also, are the selective as to who they will allow one of their dogs to go to?

Do they do their own vaccinations (bad sign in my opinion) vs have first vaccines as part of a vet check prior to placement in new home.

Having a large number of dogs or dogs of multiple breeds they are actively breeding and selling the puppies is another red flag.

Tonkaman

Overall agree, but as with anything price does not always equal quality.

Reputation is critical.

Also, are the selective as to who they will allow one of their dogs to go to?

Do they do their own vaccinations (bad sign in my opinion) vs have first vaccines as part of a vet check prior to placement in new home.

Having a large number of dogs or dogs of multiple breeds they are actively breeding and selling the puppies is another red flag.
Agreed