Car Audio Help

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I am looking to replace the sound system in my 2010 Jeep Wrangler. Is there anyone here that can help me settle on the right components (speakers, amp, head unit)? The only restriction I have is that the speaker and amp components need to be JBL or Infinity. I know there are opinions and good products from all brands, but I am ONLY interested in Infinity or JBL. Price really isn't a issue per se, but I don't want to buy really expensive stuff if it 1) wont fit in my Jeep without major modification, 2) won't sound good in an open jeep, or 3) isn't worth the extra cost vs the cheaper alternatives. I am looking to replace all of the factory components, but will likely start with speakers and amp this year, with the head unit next year (or after I save up again).

That being said, what models should I look at? I want the system to sound great, but there are too many options. I am looking for some help deciding what speakers to buy, what amp to buy, and what sub woofer to buy that will either sit in the stock enclosure, or replace it with a similarly small enclosure (i need all the space in the back of the Jeep I can get).

I have looked hard at the Infinity Kappa line, but then I started looking at JBL and muddied the water.

If there is anyone that does car audio professionally, I am happy to pay you for the install in trade for your advice on what to buy.

Thanks for any and all help!

Troop92

I'm not a pro, nor do I work for them, but have you looked on www.crutchfield.com yet? They have an amazing selection, stellar customer service, and a fitmet guide that is top notch. I've done all my audio upgrades myself with their products and help. They have tech/install support an hand from something like 8am to midnight to walk you through everything.

Last edited:

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I am buying the speakers and amp direct from Infinity or JBL, but I will look at crutchfield for the head unit / fitment guide.

Thanks!

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
If you don't want to know about anything cept JBL and Infinity, I can't help you. I have done hundreds of systems in JKs, I don't deal in nonsense though. :)

Utah Bureau of Awesomeness Department.

DAA

Supporting Member
...I don't want to buy really expensive stuff if it ... 2) won't sound good in an open jeep...

Nothing sounds actually "good" in an open Jeep. Not so say you can't get better than what you have, but, cruising topless, it won't exactly be good, no matter what.

I have Kappas in my LJ, they're okay for the application.

- DAA

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
JBL 660GTI If you can still get them are nice. GTI subs are decent too. I would stay far away from any of the lesser lines. I would not want any of their amps either. There is better stuff out there than Harmon. Why limit yourself?