Carb float adjustment help?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I picked up a ttr125 for my wife. The bike runs great, and she loves it. However, the bike dumps fuel out the overflow. Dumps it. I have tried adjusting the float by bending the little tab up a little. Didn't work. I replaced the float needle at seat. Didn't work. I adjusted the float tab a little more, fuel wouldn't flow at all. So I pushed it down a tiny tiny bit. Dumps out the over flow again. I don't imagine it should be so fickle on having the float tab in an EXACT spot. Any ideas on what is happening here?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Sounds like a small chunk of something is stuck between the needle and seat... did you clean it real good when it was apart?

jeeper

Sounds like a small chunk of something is stuck between the needle and seat... did you clean it real good when it was apart?

I did. This bike sat for many years and was super nasty in the tank and carb.

I ended up bending the tap to where it wouldn't flow fuel at all, then put the carb in place without the bowl on. Then I slowly pushed the float tab down until it flowed a little fuel. Now I know it was at the verge of shutting off, put the carb bowl back on, and no leaking :)
I rode it around a bit, and it ran the whole time, so I assume the fuel is coming in fast enough.

jeeper

I also jumped the bike a little, and got sprayed by gas. I looked down and the tank has big cracks running through it. That's a $250 sucky.