Champion Winch--first impressions

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Back to the top now. I finally got a bumper/winch mount made, and tested this thing out. It works! It's fairly slow, but not painfully so. I used it twice on one trail to haul my fat 4runner up undercut ledges, and it did just dandy. I'm happy! :cool:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Long live the Hampio!

Hampioooooo! :rofl: (for those who don't know, the C and N in "Champion" are red on the logo, so from any distance they tend to disappear, so it looks like "hampio" on the sticker)

Pics of bumper, winch in said bumper, and out wheeling please.

I'm told they'll be coming. Greg will post up a trip report of some sort, or at least pics. I'll link that thread here whenever it magically appears.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Pics of bumper, winch in said bumper, and out wheeling please.

Here's a couple....you can see them in the gallery from Colorado.

100_3856+_Large_.JPG

100_3809+_Large_.JPG

100_3792+_Large_.JPG

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
I have used my Quite a bit in the last year+ it pulled me up the eagles nest on the con without an issue. and has pulled many people (including myself) out of some tight spots...

erocrocks

costco new policy

:sick:
I will bet that Costco will replace it if you ever do break it. You will never get that out of any other cheap winch company. They are really good with the "keep the customer happy" policy. I have seen people return old broken printers or LCD monitors and get a replacement with no questions. I am sure they would do the same for a winch that got burned out.

problem they changed there policy, they only return for a year, ppl took advantage of it.

so you guys know

at least that is what i think i was told by there guest service:-\

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
a little info on the winch in question. I have work trucks with lifting booms on them & I use off road winches to raise & lower (headstones) I normally use ramsey 12,000, just because it will dead lift anything, & the slower speed helps for my application. I was in a pinch last year & needed a winch & that champion was the only thing I could get my hands on right then. I actually left it on the truck & its still going, it got used everyday for about 4 months straight. & it actually dead lifted 3000 lbs, I didnt think it would. the switch got thrown in the garbage after a week, I just made my own. so as far as being capable, it perfomed better than I thought it would, especially for the $$.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
a little info on the winch in question. I have work trucks with lifting booms on them & I use off road winches to raise & lower (headstones) I normally use ramsey 12,000, just because it will dead lift anything, & the slower speed helps for my application. I was in a pinch last year & needed a winch & that champion was the only thing I could get my hands on right then. I actually left it on the truck & its still going, it got used everyday for about 4 months straight. & it actually dead lifted 3000 lbs, I didnt think it would. the switch got thrown in the garbage after a week, I just made my own. so as far as being capable, it perfomed better than I thought it would, especially for the $$.

It's an 8000 pound winch. Why would you have any doubt of it's ability to lift 3000 pounds? :confused:

Oh, you've been using Ramsey winches...

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
So are these still available at Costco? I searched online & the only winch they are listing now is a Milemarker for $370. I wonder if the $200 price was to clear out the remaining stock.