Christmas Tree Tags

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I think I saw that some folks on here cut their own Christmas tee? I was looking up online and it says it's $10 for a tag right? When you get to the areas is there lots of trees to choose from or is it one of those things like hunting where you gotta look high and low to find a tree? Are the areas accessible to full size vehicles? I only have my Tundra to pick one up unless I wanna stick it on the roof of my 4Runner.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Dang! That's much further than I wanted to travel to get a tree. Thanks for posting that link. Guess I am out of luck for this year. Gah! Lol

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Dang! That's much further than I wanted to travel to get a tree. Thanks for posting that link. Guess I am out of luck for this year. Gah! Lol

Yeah, they do a tag release in several parts of the state, I think it was Kamas who did theirs a week or two ago. If you know any friends who own land you could ask them for a tree I suppose.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I see, I mainly wanted to do it for the experience, don't know anyone with land so I guess I'll be buying a tree from a store lol

stimmie

We used to go every year growing up. Made a day trip out of it. Living in Roosevelt we are close to the mountains and have multiple choices. If/when the Roosevelt district sells out you can get a tag for the Duchesne district. Or for $5 you can get a BLM tag. My wife doesn't like how "pokey" the real trees are so sadly we have a fake one.

Cascadia

Undecided
Where do you get a blm tag? Spanish fork only allows you to cut pinion pine or juniper trees. Not the best looking Christmas trees in my opinion. Anywhere allow you to cut a spruce or a "real lookin" Christmas tree?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
I love the annual Christmas tree hunt :cool: We go to So. Idaho I think the permits are around $5 or $10.. I have a fake tree but my dad and brothers like the real deal. Snow wheeling, ugly sweater or flannel... Egg nog and/or hot apple cider. Good times!

photo-4.jpg

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
if you go up to Evanston the bear river ranger station or the lodge just down the road sells the permits for $10 and you can go a few miles down the mirror lake highway and cut whatever you would like... one year I took the zj with a trailer up there and we found a big one and hauled it home on the trailer. There are plenty of trees and you can choose the one you want no special trees only type of thing... I use to go the day after thanksgiving and get one as a family tradition and those trees would still be good at the end of January when I threw it out. one year when I got activated by the army I didn't have time to take the base off and put it away so I just moved the tree outside on the patio... I came back in March and that damn tree was still fresh and green. Just goes to show you how early they must cut the trees that are in the grocery stores....

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
That's crazy, didn't know they would last that much longer. I'll have to call up that station in Evanston to see if they still can give out tags or not.