classifieds

hoosier

mtn yot
Why is there no limit to the amount of posts someone needs to have to post in the classifieds? I see at least 1 post a week from some one that has 1 or 2 posts. Then the response you get is call or text for info. Just kinda annoying that someone gets on here just to try to sell something. sorry rant over

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We talked about this years ago and decided that limiting the classifieds by post count wasn't something we wanted to do. If someone really wants to sell something, they will be in contact one way or another.

RogueJeepr

Here!
I usually delete my threads once ive sold or acquired something. Should be a rule . Hint; locked thread in free section.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm split on this because I recognize that we would probably have a higher quality classifieds section if we did this. Might also help with the ksl link dumps we get all the time.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
THOSE are annoying.

Post-gates to use the classifieds are MORE annoying though, because, to me, that's a red flag that the mods are busybody ninnies, and RME is better than that. :D

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Maybe some policed rules to prevent to KSL link dumps or a lack of them being allowed. Requirement to post pics or thread deleted. Or at least one pic and a link or something like that. Mainly to keep the lazy people from being too lazy.

I usually try to post as much info as I can, or at least as much as is relevant and pictures are very relevant.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I don't see what it harms. We're all smart enough not to feed the scammers, right? And if a guy thinks he's going to sell his rig by crapping out a KSL link and running, that's his business.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Maybe some policed rules to prevent to KSL link dumps or a lack of them being allowed. Requirement to post pics or thread deleted. Or at least one pic and a link or something like that. Mainly to keep the lazy people from being too lazy.

I usually try to post as much info as I can, or at least as much as is relevant and pictures are very relevant.

90% of the time if someone posts ONLY a KSL link, I delete it. If it's someone who has a good reputation on here, I'll ask them to copy & past the info here.

The bottom line is IMO, if someone isn't willing to include the most basic details then they obviously don't really care to sell their junk.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
My rant: Why do people Sell things where they are having a kid??.. I've looked at a few newer YZ's this week that are being sold because of a new baby.. IF YOU ARE HAVING A KID, IT'S TIME TO BUY ANOTHER BIKE!!

Tonkaman

My rant: Why do people Sell things where they are having a kid??.. I've looked at a few newer YZ's this week that are being sold because of a new baby.. IF YOU ARE HAVING A KID, IT'S TIME TO BUY ANOTHER BIKE!!

Damn straight ! Not everyone can handle being that cool

idahoyj

Another rant:
You've sold you tires, bumper, parts, ect . Now DELETE your thread.:mad:

I actually feel the opposite. I often use old/sold ads to determine value for my parts or the parts I'm looking to buy. I think the person selling should edit the post to note that they were sold though. That's how I have handled all of my threads.

Chevycrew

X2

I often use old ads to check pricing. Also its annoying to remember a thread about something for sale and not be able to find it. I prefer to find it and see its marked sold than to keep searching.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I actually feel the opposite. I often use old/sold ads to determine value for my parts or the parts I'm looking to buy. I think the person selling should edit the post to note that they were sold though. That's how I have handled all of my threads.

X2

I often use old ads to check pricing. Also its annoying to remember a thread about something for sale and not be able to find it. I prefer to find it and see its marked sold than to keep searching.

x3.