Comp and Trail, Wraith Buggy Build, My first buggy.

Well I have had some encouragement to start a thread for my first buggy build. So over the last few years I got into competing in W.E.Rock (thanks Nate and Ryan for making me poor) and have had a lot of fun in the Sportsman C (stock) class but now I think it would be fun to step up and build my first buggy for both Comp and trail riding. And here we are.

It started off almost a year ago when I really started to think about it. I had decided to purchase a chassis because I lack the talent to build one from scratch. I had an opportunity and bought a Wraith Chassis from Jake Hallenbeck at Marked Motorsports.

The goal is to build it similar to his 2015/16 Promod car.

Buggy Name:

Chassis: Wraith II
Engine: Honda J35A4 (Honda Odyssey)
Transmission: TH350
Transfercase: Atlas II 3.8
Axles: Trail Gear 9", SD (99-04) outers (planning on rear steer with a lock out for comps)
Gears/Lockers: TBD
Shocks: King 2.5" air shocks 14"/16"
Tires: TBD
Wheels: TBD

received_429092081913640.jpeg
received_2005898682912347.jpeg

received_427188122330991.jpeg

It should be a fun build. but I have had a tough time getting the rest of the parts from Jake, he's deep into those Kawi SxS.

So now I am trying to decide on pivoting from the J35/th350 to 3900/904... (or something else)

Coco

That would mean that Jake answered any of his calls 😬

It should be a fun build. but I have had a tough time getting the rest of the parts from Jake, he's deep into those Kawi SxS.

So now I am trying to decide on pivoting from the J35/th350 to 3900/904... (or something else)
That must be why I get a hold of him? :rofl: We have talked several times recently, but sucks he has (sounds like) sidelined the buggy stuff.

904s are getting hard to find from what I have been seeing, which is a shame because it is a sweet transmission.

Sorry to sideline the thread, carry on!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
are you also going to get the RC version and paint it to match the 1:1....one when it's done?

that last part amused me, linguistically. Anyway. All these motherflippers selling their sweet Jeeps AFTER I waste a bunch on MINE. You guys suck.
I digress-- I like that chassis, and if you want, I'll call Jake and tell him to get the SxS out of his mouth and answer your calls. :D Actually I'm gonna do that anyway, I haven't talked to him in quite some time. :D

are you also going to get the RC version and paint it to match the 1:1....one when it's done?

that last part amused me, linguistically. Anyway. All these motherflippers selling their sweet Jeeps AFTER I waste a bunch on MINE. You guys suck.
I digress-- I like that chassis, and if you want, I'll call Jake and tell him to get the SxS out of his mouth and answer your calls. :D Actually I'm gonna do that anyway, I haven't talked to him in quite some time. :D
you should and see what he says lol.

Also, I am not talking bad on Jake at all! he is just super busy with the "cool" sxs stuff. I just want to get some parts so I can move forward. Any help on nudging him would be great. or I just need to know to move on. ;)

That must be why I get a hold of him? :rofl: We have talked several times recently, but sucks he has (sounds like) sidelined the buggy stuff.

904s are getting hard to find from what I have been seeing, which is a shame because it is a sweet transmission.

Sorry to sideline the thread, carry on!
The 904 are getting hard to find. if anyone finds one let me know.

I found a J35 to th350 adapter from a guy named Bill back east but it is $$$. Its like 1 bird in the hand a 2 in the bush right now.