Concrete Forms

So I have a little project in the yard this fall - I need to build a retaining wall about 6' high (4' above grade) and about 30' long. I plan to do this at my own, slow pace, just getting concrete in a u-cart trailer as needed, so I need to rent/buy enough forms to handle a yard or yard and a half of concrete at a time. So where is the best place in the SLC area to rent or buy some forms? In the past, I've rented some from Riteway in Tooele. He is good to deal with, but I remember them costing quite a bit. Is building them a good option? Just seeing if anyone has experience.

how thick are you going to make it and how tall?

If its not to tall and heavy, you could get away with just building them out of 2x4 and plywood.

8" thick and 6' tall (4' above ground). I have seen guys build out of 3/4 or 1" plywood and 2x4s. I think I already have the rods/cones and my neighbor has the brackets to tie the forms together for this style - that is an idea.

Cascadia

Undecided
You're going to do footings with rebar that ties into the wall right? I'm getting ready to do an 8' wall at my new house. About 7' out of ground and I'm required to have a 6' wide footing.

You're going to do footings with rebar that ties into the wall right? I'm getting ready to do an 8' wall at my new house. About 7' out of ground and I'm required to have a 6' wide footing.

Yep. I was only going to do a 2' footing, though. Do you think that is enough for a 4' wall? I wasn't too worried about movement other than getting it down below the freeze line since it will tie into a foundation on one side and have a couple of 90 degree corners in it.