Concussion Therapy

rholbrook

A few years ago my brother was riding his Harley to Jackson Hole when he went off the road and go dumped on his head. No he wasn't wearing a helmet. I got a phone call from his son-in-law telling me what happened and that they were headed to Soda Springs because the doctors said he was in a coma and probably wouldn't make it. Well, long story short and whether you believe in the power of the Priesthood or not is up to you and your beliefs but anyway, after a Priesthood Blessing at the hospital from his son-in-laws he started to make a rapid recovery and actually walked out of the hospital within a couple of days. Brain swelling had left and he was able to leave.

The story doesn't end here, after still suffering from mental slowness, low energy, depression, etc., since the accident, THIS article showed up on KSL.COM and he thought he had nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain. It is a week long and he called and got scheduled to go in so it was his turn 2 weeks ago. They do some brain activity mapping with with MRI's as you perform certain mental functions and then they compare you against normal brain activity for those activities.

Its been a week and he is on cloud nine. He says he can't believe the difference in this amount of time. He wishes he would have known about it 2 years ago. He asked me to tell everyone I know that has had a brain injury about it. Its expensive but the place is working with insurance companies to get the procedure paid for.

If you or anyone you know is suffering from the affects of a concussion, you need to check the place out.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Good info. I've had a few but nothing as serious as outlined above. I can remember needing smelling salts twice on the football field. Had a few from other things as well. (Might explain some of my issues?)

Bart

Very interesting. I've had multiple concussions, and the latest was about 4 years ago at Powell. It took me a year to feel close to "normal" and I still don't feel 100%. Not sure its in my budget, but I am going to check with my insurance company. Thanks for posting this.

idahoyj

A few years ago my brother was riding his Harley to Jackson Hole when he went off the road and go dumped on his head. No he wasn't wearing a helmet. I got a phone call from his son-in-law telling me what happened and that they were headed to Soda Springs because the doctors said he was in a coma and probably wouldn't make it. Well, long story short and whether you believe in the power of the Priesthood or not is up to you and your beliefs but anyway, after a Priesthood Blessing at the hospital from his son-in-laws he started to make a rapid recovery and actually walked out of the hospital within a couple of days. Brain swelling had left and he was able to leave.

The story doesn't end here, after still suffering from mental slowness, low energy, depression, etc., since the accident, THIS article showed up on KSL.COM and he thought he had nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain. It is a week long and he called and got scheduled to go in so it was his turn 2 weeks ago. They do some brain activity mapping with with MRI's as you perform certain mental functions and then they compare you against normal brain activity for those activities.

Its been a week and he is on cloud nine. He says he can't believe the difference in this amount of time. He wishes he would have known about it 2 years ago. He asked me to tell everyone I know that has had a brain injury about it. Its expensive but the place is working with insurance companies to get the procedure paid for.

If you or anyone you know is suffering from the affects of a concussion, you need to check the place out.

Looks like a really valuable resource. We had a little brain mapping stuff done with my daughter to train her brain to focus. It's a pretty weird science (only because I don't really understand it, like an automatic transmission!) but it seemed to help my daughter quite a bit.
Are you any relation to the Holbrook in the video?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Man, that is fascinating stuff. I've had a couple mild concussions as a kid.

I've been studying PTSD for the past few years. It has a lot of similarities to a brain injury, and this makes me wonder if there could be a relative treatment with this technology.