Constrictor Sign down??

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Read this on another forum, anyone validate this? I would love to know how, someone had to willfully do it :rolleyes:

If it is in fact down, we ought to get it back to SLC so we can clean it up and re-paint it before a reinstall party.

Truthfully I'm surprised it lasted this long... a couple of weeks over 5 years!

signintall_3.jpg

signinstall_1.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I looked for it when we were at 5 Mile Pass for NPLD and I didn't see it, but I didn't look that hard. I thought the brush may have grown around it. I can't believe that was 5 yrs ago!

I really hope it fell over, if someone went up there and purposely tore the sign out, I'm going to be incredibly pissed off. :mad: After all the effort and work that went into gathering the materials, building it, then digging the holes and planting it... mid-Winter? That was a lot of effort by many, many people. That's sickening... if I find out who did that.... grrrr.... :mad2::bryson:

Coco

That is pathetic!!! RME adopted the trail, and ppl rip it out??? I say that we take both signs down, get them cleaned up and looking good, then we need to do something like we did the winch anchor on eagles nest. Dig a huge hole, and cement the things in. They shouldnt go anywhere after that;)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
From U4x4C: "It was winched or pulled out. The sign was still intact with all the concrete still attached to the base"

Pretty disheartening to say the least. I'm going to personally recommend it gets retrieved and then stored to see what the outcome of the upcoming RMP does, as of now Con is on the chopping block (identical situation to Coyote Canyon in which it wasn't in primary existence when the inventory was done). At a minimum wait until spring as it sounds like its going to need a much bigger hold dug now. :-\

I'd pay $50 to now who was involved in the vandalism. Oxygen thieves!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That is pathetic!!! RME adopted the trail, and ppl rip it out??? I say that we take both signs down, get them cleaned up and looking good, then we need to do something like we did the winch anchor on eagles nest. Dig a huge hole, and cement the things in. They shouldnt go anywhere after that;)

They were cemented in, a decent amount too as I recall. You can read more about the project here: http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/landuse_rscon.html

The probably needed to be a little bit deeper and a bit more cement but we were digging in snow as it was and we didn't intend them to be winch proof :-\

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
i say we build a new sign and fill it with cement, and make the actual sign part out of metal kinda like some of the signs in moab.

Thats what these are and I believe we did fill them full of cement, if not cement they were filled with rocks and sand? Been so long I can't remember.

The signs themselves are laser cut steel, backed up against another piece of steel (1/2"?) on a nice stout pole.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I wonder if someone just used it as a winch anchor to right a vehicle (I know several people who've flopped there). It definitely needs to be put back up before it comes up missing.

choptopbII

Thats what these are and I believe we did fill them full of cement, if not cement they were filled with rocks and sand? Been so long I can't remember.

The signs themselves are laser cut steel, backed up against another piece of steel (1/2"?) on a nice stout pole.

Wow im suprised that they were able to take it out,:eek: Crows feet is a good idea.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That's what crossed my mind first too. I hope that's the case.

If that's the case said person should have worked to get it fixed. RME's address is right on the sign, I think we're easy enough to find. At a minimum they should explain themselves before someone else does for them!

rollover

I wonder if those that want it closed ripped it out? No sign, than no trail in their mind maybe.

I hope not but its hard to second guess there ethics or lack there of at times.

If its labeled than it has to be recognized as an established trail.

JM2C

Last edited:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I wonder if those that want it closed ripped it out? No sign, than no trail in their mind maybe.

I hope not but its hard to second guess there ethics or lack there of at times.

If its labeled than it has to be recognized as an established trail.

JM2C

I doubt that, usually just dumb shits. If they were that devoted to their cause, they would have taken the sign

Bodine

One Call That's All
Could be the same worthless oxygen thiefs that ripped out the plaques on the Pony Express monuments.:mad:

Last edited: