Cordless Electric Lawnmowers

I was at the national farm machinery show a couple of weeks ago. Pretty much every major manufacturer has a commercial electric zero turn mower out. They are definitely impressive and carry a 30-50k price tag. Many have 2-6 batteries in lift out suitcase-style packages. I think the technology is just cool, but it is crazy to think that landscapers in CA might be required to buy them at some point in the near future.

4x4_Welder

I picked up a 20" 40v Kobalt push mower last year and I like it. I mulch the lawn typically, and it went right through even tall grass without too much of an issue. The only thing I don't like is the variable speed, as it'll slow the blade down under light load and doesn't do as good of a job. In deeper grass with a higher load it goes full speed and cuts pretty nice.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I have an 80v Max 21" Kobalt. This will be year three of using it. I bought it because my gas mower had finally died, so I was already in the market. Since I owned an electric car, it seemed only natural to give an electric mower a try. I read a few independent online comparison reviews, and this model was rated highly.

I am very satisfied with it. Mine is self-propelled, but it is so light that I don't actually need to use the propulsion--however, I usually still do just so it keeps me moving at a consistent pace throughout the mow. I don't have a large lot, and can easily mow my entire yard twice without needing a recharge. I don't have a headlight, so I still mow only during daylight hours.

Addiction loves company: I have loaned this mower to a few friends, and now they've all switched to electric, too.

RockChucker

I have a half acre and refuse to spend 4 hrs+ per week bailing hay with a pusher, so I have a standard 46” cut rider mower. I usually can mow in about 45 mins with that. I’d love one of the ego ztr rider mowers but don’t want to drop $5k on one. I have a stihl 60v(?) trimmer and blower. No complaints there. I love not fighting a finicky 2 stroke. Been considering getting a chainsaw too.

JeeperG

I've been using a 56v self propelled EGO for about 5 years now, still works just fine, I don't have a ton of grass and it does what I need it to do, I absolutely hate yard work, I'd honestly rather just get rid of the grass altogether. I've seen one of my elderly neighbors using his EGO at 5 in the morning, couldn't hear it at all until I stepped outside.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have EGO everything. Lawn Mower, Blower, Two Stage Snow Blower, Hedge Trimmer, Chainsaw, String Trimmer and Edger. I'm impressed by all of them. I like how quiet they are too. I keep my batteries inside in the winter and just take them outside when I'm using them.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I have EGO everything.

When I began shoping for an electric mower, my first thought was to get a Makita simply because it uses the same batteries (albeit two at a time) as my power tools. My enthusiasm waned a bit when I saw in the competitive comparison that it was only a mid-pack performer. Later when I learned what Makita wanted for one, I decided to abandon that idea entirely.

comingdown

Just be more like my neighbor. He gives zero effs and mows whenever he feels like it. Pressure washing stuff at midnight? Sure thing. Mowing at midnight with a headlamp, okay. He’s just out there doing the damn thing living his best life. And no, he owns nothing electric, all gas like a real man.

ID Bronco

Just be more like my neighbor. He gives zero effs and mows whenever he feels like it. Pressure washing stuff at midnight? Sure thing. Mowing at midnight with a headlamp, okay. He’s just out there doing the damn thing living his best life. And no, he owns nothing electric, all gas like a real man.
Has his nose been broken?

comingdown

Has his nose been broken?
Possibly. Just an older guy who probably should retire but doesn’t. He keeps odd hours as some type of Forrest see it fire fighter of sorts, and his yard is amazing. So often he’ll get back and just start mowing as he is moved to do so, or if a garden show is happening. I’ve gotten used to it, although a guy pressure washing his truck out at 12:30 makes you raise an eyebrow. For all I know he’s a serial killer destroying evidence