Costco down and soft-shell jacket

jentzschman

Just thought I would put a plug in for a few awesome clothing pieces I got at Costco.

First: Soft shell jacket. 20 bucks! Top quality fabrics with 4-way stretch, YKK main zipper, at a fraction of the price of name brand jackets!

Second: Down jacket. 800 fill, 90% goose down. YKK main zipper. High quality ripstop Japanese nylon shell. Reduced price 40 bucks! This is an absolute steal!

If anyone is looking for either of these styles of jackets, I HIGHLY recommend checking them out at Costco before they are gone, which will be soon. This is not just because I work there, but rather I have looked at the name brand stuff, and the ones at Costco are the same without the brand name on the garment
(which is all you are paying for anyway)

Cheers.

DAA

Supporting Member
I picked up one of the down jackets for my Wife last year, she likes it. Also picked up the soft shells for both me and her, and one for my Daughter. For the money, no complaints.

They sometimes have lightweight packable down vests too, which I also have (wearing it right now, have the flu, can't get warm even in the house...) that I really like. It's an integral part of my outdoor winter layering system. I wear it a LOT when I'm out and about in the cold.

- DAA

mesha

By endurance we conquer
What is the shell material on the down jacket. Any info more specific than Japanese nylon?

Can you weigh one and let us know what it weighs? Do you know how many grams of fill?

They look pretty quality.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I was at the lehi costco today and they didn't have any men's down jackets. Anyone know where there are some in stock. I hesitated on these last year and missed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jentzschman

Sorry, no pics as of now I will get some. The Sandy Costco still has both the down and soft shell jackets.

Davy, I will try and get some specs for you. I do not have a scale to weight them as precise as you might like :)

DAA

Supporting Member
I can't remember how much the jacket I got for my Wife last year weighs, but I know it was light, but not "real light". Definitely weighs more than my Pataguci ultralight down parka. Which off the top of my head, I'm wanting to say is 8 or 9 ounces.

- DAA

jentzschman

Here are all the details as per tags and signs:
I will get a better pic of the soft shell
tag. Only size left in SS is medium. Down we have some medium up to xl. Green, black, and a cool Greg/charcoal color.

Steve, yes we have the down jackets still.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387203232184.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387203232184.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 14
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387203260647.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387203260647.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387203275650.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387203275650.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387203286945.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387203286945.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387203303681.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387203303681.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387203314132.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387203314132.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 14

sixstringsteve

Thanks for all the info Trevor. I may have you pick me up a medium size down jacket. What size fits you best? They don't have any down jackets that have hoods, do they?