Cowboy action shooting

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've been involved in this sport for about 20 years. I took a few years off but last year I started shooting in the hobble creek monthly matches. Today I had a great match. Had 2 stages under 20 seconds for 22 targets with 4 single action firearms. Here is one of those. 19.95 seconds.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I was shooting my old Blackhawk .357 yesterday and it was like I couldn't hit my ass with both hands.

- DAA
I normally shoot Blackhawks but one of them has a timing issue or something we can't figure out. It sticks about halfway through cocking. So I was shooting my dad's new model vaqueros yesterday. Both are .38's. I really like the colt size grips on the vaqueros.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I did PPC and multi gun for a bit, never tried cowboy. We did have some fun on the cowboy range at Shooting Star though. Bet that’s a good time.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I did PPC and multi gun for a bit, never tried cowboy. We did have some fun on the cowboy range at Shooting Star though. Bet that’s a good time.
I shot uspsa, and idpa combat pistol and 3 gun stuff for a few years. Cowboy action is like 3 gun on steroid. It's not as tacticool but it's way more fun to shoot.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I shot uspsa, and idpa combat pistol and 3 gun stuff for a few years. Cowboy action is like 3 gun on steroid. It's not as tacticool but it's way more fun to shoot.
I suck at reloading my shotgun so I was never competitive on it. Did okay on multi and ppc.

Cowboy seemed really fun, but I was super broke when competing. Was using all department issued guns because cops are paid super well. Never competed with my own rifle, last year I finally had my own shotgun. Beat the 18” pump I had been competing with 😂

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I suck at reloading my shotgun so I was never competitive on it. Did okay on multi and ppc.

Cowboy seemed really fun, but I was super broke when competing. Was using all department issued guns because cops are paid super well. Never competed with my own rifle, last year I finally had my own shotgun. Beat the 18” pump I had been competing with 😂
We used to have a cops vs cowboys shoot every year. It was pretty fun. It's really obvious which cops shot outside qualifying. Washington county sheriff's set out a case of .223 ammo one year and two AR's with the third hole drilled and said, "enjoy some of your tax dollars". That was a super effective community outreach program. 🤣 This is me, enjoying my tax dollars.

1000121052.jpg

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I was on the department shooting team for 7 years. Last year I won the tryouts 😬. Which considering the company I was pretty proud of. Made the Governors 20 twice.

It’s a good time, I haven’t shot much of late. Guess I need to start hunting ammo again.