Craiglist = Win.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
He needs to find a bad neighborhood in Denver, leave the keys in it and the windows down. Then leave it there for a few days and see if it disappears. :greg:

1995zj

I'm addicted
I'm waiting for the Ford peeps to jump in and start backing up their motor....doesn't seem like it's going to happen though haha

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm waiting for the Ford peeps to jump in and start backing up their motor....doesn't seem like it's going to happen though haha

I think you'll find VERY FEW peeps back up the 6.0L. The more I investigated, the more scared I became of one. (I bought a 6 cyl. instead)

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
FUNNAY!!! :rofl::ugh::D I can relate to this guy in a way. I went though a two year long nightmare owning a 95 K2500 6.5 turbo diesel and it was not fun at all. One thing after another--non stop--day in day out. I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable mechanic for the most part, but holy crap at that point I was blown away by how much could go wrong in such little time. Although my GM was expensive to fix it was not nearly as bad as what some have shelled out to fix these 6.0's :-\ At that point you cut your losses and trade it in and pretend it never happened... That's what I did anyway.

I want to like the 6.0's and I want to believe that they can be reliable with the right modifications, but either way it will take a lot of money to get them to that point and then it becomes a huge gamble/liability.

Aside from that it is tough to beat everything else in the F-series package :)

Not even the most die hard Ford guy would EVER back up the 6.0 :D