Crystal Mill on dirtbikes

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Wife and I got to ride up to Crystal Mill on dirt bikes two weeks ago
She loved her new TTR-125L. The smaller size gave her excellent confidence and I was awesome to see her attacking the terrain with confidence on a very rocky trail.
She even hit some jumps!

very fun very beautiful

Blue Trailer, Blue bikes

Driving up the Crystal river

unloading just outside the town of Marble

My parent drove the truck up with my little boy

Stopped at Charcoal Burger in Glenwood Springs on the way back to Vail for some delicious elk burgers!

Great day on the bikes!

Tonkaman

You are now one of the lucky 1% who can have the pleasure of riding with the wife. I'm glad to hear she loves the new bike, I've always thought it would be the best bike for the wife. Looks like an awesome ride!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Thanks guys, I was really impressed with her riding. She used to get nervous about sidehills and downhill sections, but the smaller bike really gave her the confidence she needed to sit back on the bike and ride the rear brakes on downhills and run over rocks at more speed because the suspension is so compliant.

I took the thing for a spin and got it up to 50mph on the road so it's no slouch. It's very difficult to stall, 1st gear is very low and it's supremely easy to start. You can practically lean on the starter and it runs.

Crystal Mill is gorgeous definitely worth the trip.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Where is this Crystal Mills? I only saw pictures of mountains, your motos, your wife, your offspring. Is Crystal hot? How old is she? Is she single? Don't be a tease.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
:cool: Love it up there, we tried to go a few months ago and apparently it was too early... got stuck in snow. Headed up there this weekend in the Jeep!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Where is this Crystal Mills? I only saw pictures of mountains, your motos, your wife, your offspring. Is Crystal hot? How old is she? Is she single? Don't be a tease.

She's 123. Single. Lives alone in the mountains near a small town. She's a bit rickity.

:cool: Love it up there, we tried to go a few months ago and apparently it was too early... got stuck in snow. Headed up there this weekend in the Jeep!

Sounds like fun. I wish we had time to eat up there. There's a great BBQ place in Marble! Go there! But it's not fast like Charcoal Burger, that's were we ate because we had to hurry to play some tennis in Glenwood before it got to dark. There's a synthetic grass court there and they have lights that stay on until 8:30pm!

Last edited:

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
... Sounds like fun. I wish we had time to eat up there. There's a great BBQ place in Marble! Go there! But it's not fast like Charcoal Burger, that's were we ate because we had to hurry to play some tennis in Glenwood before it got to dark. There's a synthetic grass court there and they have lights that stay on until 8:30pm!

I've eaten there on a previous trip, it's pretty good! I don't care for Charcoal Burger, hardly a decent burger IMO... but if you haven't eaten there before, it's something everyone should do... once. :D