deal alert for 2015 EJS

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I am not willing to tent again for EJS 2015. Was just checking out hotels.com and found a deal that worked for me for next year. Thought I'd pass it along to anyone interested.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Link or are you just advising us to get on hotels.com? We did a condo again this year and it was magical.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Condos are awesome. Just didn't want to drop $1500+ for one. No link, just hit up hotels.com com. I got the Ramada for all week for under $600. If someone needs a condo buddy, I'm interested (likely three kids as well) and can drop my motel res. :D

N-Smooth

Yeah, it is ridiculous expensive. We had 10 people in our place though so it made it $170 each for 4 nights. I've done hotel 11/13 years and it's still fine just not as cool as the condo. I would never ever ever camp so mucho respect for anyone that can do it lol I'll check the site

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Wow, Marc--thanks for the heads up!

For comparison, this year I stayed at Motel6--two nights only, my total bill was $210 with tax (and I thought that was great). This Ramada deal is killer! I just signed up for seven nights and my total bill is only $415. I figure I can always delete any unneeded nights as the event draws near... or maybe I'll just attend the entire event. :D

mbryson

Supporting Member
Wow, Marc--thanks for the heads up!

For comparison, this year I stayed at Motel6--two nights only, my total bill was $210 with tax (and I thought that was great). This Ramada deal is killer! I just signed up for seven nights and my total bill is only $415. I figure I can always delete any unneeded nights as the event draws near... or maybe I'll just attend the entire event. :D

That's exactly my thinking. I was going to try and organize a condo purchase with a select group but this just seemed easier

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
I camped. It was awesome. And cold. Although next year the wife want to come and bring the kids. I better get a reservation set in case I don't buy a trailer to camp in next year... Thanks for the post!!

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I camped. It was awesome. And cold. Although next year the wife want to come and bring the kids.

That's the thing: I'm trying to get my wife to come with me next year. Having a clean, comfy, climate-controlled hotel room (with a hot tub on the premises) will go a long way toward making her want to come along. :)

mbryson

Supporting Member
If my wife had someone to hang with at the motel that may not be interested in trails, she MAY come along for a couple of days? I'm not sure if she would or not, but she "might"?

N-Smooth

That's the thing: I'm trying to get my wife to come with me next year. Having a clean, comfy, climate-controlled hotel room (with a hot tub on the premises) will go a long way toward making her want to come along. :)

Have you ever stayed at the ramada? Hahaha it's the worst Moab hotel I've ever stayed in. On a separate note, I just booked a room with two double beds for $52/night. ;)
Too good of a deal to pass up considering I can cancel it the day before I go for free.

Good find Mr Bryson!

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
Ramada is not the nicest motel by any stretch but it is NOT a tent an is less $ than renting a cabin at one of the campgrounds. Works for me.

I don't plan on doing anything but sleeping in there anyways. I'll be out and about on trails or with the friends that ARE camping until the fire dies down... I have a wife, a 1 year old and a 6 year old with asthma. So them cold sleeping is my only worry. Every time we camp in the cold, someone is sick...