death wobble

Rockjunky317

i just installed a tera lcg pro kit and i an gettin death wobble like no other, i have adjusted the trac bar, had a alignment done, tightened all the joints, check the tie rod ends, any ideas?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
caster ok? Mine wasn't, but then, my kit was used and did not come w/directions. I needed to dial out the lowers a bunch. :D

Take it to TeraPlus and they will fix it.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I thought the Tera LCG kit had a triangulated front (no trackbar?)??

Pull a tape on the toe in, I bet the alignment wasn't done correctly. You should only have 1/8-1/4" toe in.

Also, since it's triangulated, the drag link should be parallel to the ground, and not at an angle like stock. If you still have stock steering, you gotta get rid of it. This won't cause death wobble, but it will give you a heck of a lot of bump steer.

Bart

What Wayne said. I had death wobble when I first installed my kit, then I finally got my front axle centered and the caster set. Watch all the rod ends, especially the control arms. They are notorious for loosening up. I'm loving my LCG Pro kit.

Rockjunky317

yea mine is a lcg pro its onlt triangluated in the rear not the front i work at tera manufacturing (next to teraflex plus) and had rand the engineer look at it and my caster is set wrong so i will adjust that then the toe