desert mountain trail head

sbr

Does anyone have the gps cordinates for the dessert mountain trail head and also the trail head for chainsaw.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
sbr said:
Does anyone have the gps cordinates for the dessert mountain trail head and also the trail head for chainsaw.

I don't think Desert Mountain has a trail head i'm pretty sure, it's more of a play area.

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
The trial that Craig has developed starts about here N 39° 45' 1.792", W 112° 37' 16.644". You may be able to see old tracks or not. Much of the trail is on rock and unless shown you won’t be able to find the exact route. Keep in mind this area is not Open Designation. The local club is working to develop trails with the BLM so don’t mess it up.
Chainsaw is Bird Canyon to Brown Queen mine going south from Marjum Pass. The start of the trail is N 39° 13' 45.907", W 113° 22' 35.219"
Todd

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
I forgot to mention. Don't go alone and don't take stock equipment. You can get by cruising around Desert Mountain in a non buggy but to do the obstacles you need one. Chainsaw is a 4 to 4+ if you don’t do “cabin door” or the "fuel dump”. If you haven’t seen my write up on the first organized run of Chainsaw check out http://www.4x4now.com/trutcs.htm boy that brings back memories.

e28bimmer

Chainsaw/Bird Canyon trail

So what is the condition of the trail now a days...Im looking at the site of the mine in a research capacity and Im wondering if anyone can shed some light as to what is left up there... any pics would be AWESOME!!!

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
So what is the condition of the trail now a days...Im looking at the site of the mine in a research capacity and Im wondering if anyone can shed some light as to what is left up there... any pics would be AWESOME!!!

Trail condition is pretty good maybe a 4- There is a small cabin still intact and a ore dump thingy? The mine at the top is the Browns queen mine If I remember correctly. We say a huge mine opening that looked like you could drive inside at the very top of amasa valley on the other side of that canyon I want to check out some day;)