Desert music festival?????

catzuk

Saw on the BFE's events page that there is some desert music festival June 7-11th. Anyone have any information on it? Google isn't bringing up much info on this. Reason I ask is, a couple of us were planning on being in Moab june 6-10th and were planning on spending a few days Wheeling/camping in the BFE area. Now it appears we may have to change plans a bit. Big hippy fest? :confused: LOL
And
BTW, long time lurker, first time poster. :D

Thanks,
David

sixstringsteve

HUGE hippy fest. It was a disgusting sight in my opinion, but I understand that some people are into that sort of thing. I'm glad Olaf can use it to generate more income for his property there. I have no issues with the festival, just not my cup of tea. We ran a trail that ended in BFE, and we had kids with us. They definitely got an eyeful.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
HUGE hippy fest. It was a disgusting sight in my opinion, but I understand that some people are into that sort of thing. I'm glad Olaf can use it to generate more income for his property there. I have no issues with the festival, just not my cup of tea. We ran a trail that ended in BFE, and we had kids with us. They definitely got an eyeful.

x2

I think BFE play area is off limits that weekend.

If I was a wild 18 year old that place would be the place to be!

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I went to desert rocks music festival last year (it was on memorial day weekend), to camp, wheel and see music. I had a great time, since Im into music festivals as much as I am wheeling, but its definetly not a good weekend to be there. The main reason is because its hard to park anywhere, the playgroud/proving grounds will be 100% closed. It may also be impossible to use the main BFE trail road (the driveway to most ALL BFE TRAILS) as there will be a stage at the bottom of the canyon too (right by the entrance to Upper Helldorado).

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If it's the same Desert Rocks thing then the lower trails will be open, but the main area up top (camp area/playground) will likely be closed. I'm sure Olaf will chime in officially soon.

That said, I'm trying to figure out if this Music fest got moved to June or actually moved to a new venue... or if this is a new event all in itself. Because the original was normally schedule over Memorial weekend.

Also - Welcome David!

Olaf

Supporting Member
The Desert Rocks Music Festival is NOT being held at AreaBFE this year. I forgot to take it off the events page, sorry! For those who are interested in attending, it's being held near Green River and for those who are not, then ALL trails are open for you to enjoy!

catzuk

Thanks for the welcomes and the quick replys!

Olaf, Thank you for clearifying that. I am very relieved to hear that. Not that I don't like music, but I'd like to wheel the are much more.

David

catzuk

Yes I am James. Watched this site for a while. Didn't join till recently though. I look forward to adding some vids in the waterfall and suicide hill threads. As well as pics on dropkick, smashing pumkins and all the others.