Desktop computer woes...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have an older desktop that I have in my home office for misc. use, it's not even hooked to the web but I still have my mapping softwares on it as well as photoshop and some other misc programs I need occasionally. Sandy has a power failure Friday that lasted for ~1 hour. This computer was plugged into a surge protector so I didn't even thing twice about it. Well, I went to fire it up today and nothing.

Pressed the button, held the button... nothing. No signs of life, no fans, noises, etc. I verified power to the back, check. Oddly if I unplug the 120V cord there is a green LED that slowly flashes on the back of the power supply.

Do I replace the power supply or is there something else I should be considering?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
So all signs are pointing to a failed power supply. I can score one on Amazon for ~$25 but I need to verify fitment. Guessing there are hundreds of variations for power supplies?

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I buy the antec 450 watt power supplies from amazon for the ones I replace at work. Never had a problem with them. Pretty easy to replace, takes about 5 minutes.

Caleb

Power supplies are pretty universal. The big difference is the amount of power they put out. For a basic computer like you've described, most any would work.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Morning fell through. Can be there fairly soon.

Give me a call. I don't have your number. You're not at the shop, I called.