Dietician recommendations

Tonkaman

Many of you have heard me talk a big game about getting back to a healthy weight. My motivation spikes for a while and always levels back out after a short while. I've come to realize that my biggest obstacle isn't the exercise its the nutrition. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't need a pretty meal and I can eat the same thing every day for years. So what's the issue? My girlfriend.

Elaina wasn't raised in a house where they taught her how to meal plan for the week. She has no concept of meal prep which makes grocery shopping feel pointless at times. When I do get her motivated and stock up the fridge with clean food it goes to waste because she doesn't know his to make a meal out of any of it! Another problem is Elaina starts work at 4:45am so she's ready for dinner several hours before I am every day. This time gap makes it nearly impossible to eat together and our daughter gets caught in between schedules.

I'm really interested in starting consultations with a dietician. I'd like someone who can give us meal plans that are simple enough to cook but not so plain it won't get eaten. It would be very nice if they could even teach Elaina how to shop effectively and plan meals to use up all of the left over produce in the fridge.

Have any of you consulted with a dietician before? Was it beneficial?

I'd really like some local recommendations if you have any. There are lots of listings with little to distinguish them from one another.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I've got a brother that you need to talk to.

Shoot me a call or text and I'll get you in touch with him.

801-949-5326

D

Deleted member 12904

I don't have any recommendations for a dietitian but have a few if you want someone to just give you a meal plan.

Also if your interested I can email you a copy of a flexible dieting or If it fits your macros book http://reversedietingbook.com/?hop=biolayne that will help you set your macros for your goals. Buy a food scale and eat what you want just not more then what fits your macros. Also websites like this https://www.eatthismuch.com/ can help with meal planning ideas.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Karlie, (Rohans wife) is a certified something or another.. part of her exercise planning is teaching others to eat right.. she may be a good resource.. but what do I know..I'll ask.

Tonkaman

I don't have any recommendations for a dietitian but have a few if you want someone to just give you a meal plan.

Also if your interested I can email you a copy of a flexible dieting or If it fits your macros book http://reversedietingbook.com/?hop=biolayne that will help you set your macros for your goals. Buy a food scale and eat what you want just not more then what fits your macros. Also websites like this https://www.eatthismuch.com/ can help with meal planning ideas.

I'm very familiar with eating for weight loss and I love the reverse dieting idea. The problem is on a more basic level than that here. We hardly prepare any meals! It's like the process of planning to cook and buying the groceries is overwhelming for her. I'm guilty too because I don't like preparing complicated recipes. I could eat the same 3 meals a day for weeks.

Thanks for the link to eatthismuch.com that seems like exactly the kind of thing that will help us out. I haven't had a chance to explore the menu too much but hopefully it's not too bias to ultra lean foods. (I don't want to scare her away right at the start. We need to eeze into it)

Karlie, (Rohans wife) is a certified something or another.. part of her exercise planning is teaching others to eat right.. she may be a good resource.. but what do I know..I'll ask.

I'm not telling her about this conversation so keep it under wraps for a bit. I don't want her being embarrassed that I told everyone on the internet about her eating habits.

It would be nice for her to get advice from someone she trusts. Unfortunately most health/fitness types are going to give her too extreme of meal plans to follow. That's even my problem, I'm too extreme when I want to be disciplined.