Dirt bike carrier

774x4ram

I made this to get all my toys around easer I was wondering if any one els would use something like this ?

IMG_0010.jpg
[/IMG]

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I dig it, looks like things could get sketchy if it tips towards the outside! How hard is it to load & unload with the bikes way up there?

774x4ram

I actually designed it so its pretty hard for them to fall out, and to load them you just put one in the bed first then lift the front tire in put the tie downs on and then lift the back up and strap it in, then you do second bike and drive the fowheeler in the middle it is really fast.

Caleb

I have a hard enough time loading my bike in to the back of my lifted truck...even with the Ogio stepped ramp, trying to get it up on my bed rail...no thanks. Looks like it's pretty effective for what you need it for though. I ended up buying a trailer which is tons nicer and super simple to load and pull around. For when I have my camper in tow, I'll either throw my bike in the bed, or on my hitch mounted carrier on the back of the camper.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
I like it :cool:

However given my record of having my bike- A. tip over in the truck bed every other ride and B. fall off the trailer and drag along down the road (3 times to date :rolleyes:) I think I would be totally screwed with that setup! :p

EDIT: How does that Katoomer compare to the KX?

774x4ram

Well I guess if a tie down broke you would be kinda screwed with this set up. The thing is when me and my friends go to Moab it becomes who and what is towing toys and people, and with this set up and my 6 passenger Mega cab it really helps out with that problem .

IMG_0015.jpg
[/IMG]

"How does that Katoomer compare to the KX?"

The KX is my brothers it will spank me at the dunes but my KTM is better every where els I love 4 strokes.

774x4ram

The other thing is I am pretty sure I can fit 5 bikes in my truck with this rack now if I need to. I will have to get some of my buddies with bikes and check it out one of these days.