Dirt Bike Moab

311silver

I just wanted to say that last weekend (10/21) I had my first experience riding dirtbikes in Moab rather than wheelin'. It was freakin' awesome. It was a different experience all around and I would highly recommend it to anyone. I rented an XR400 and I now know what the next thing on my list of toys. So if you want to try something new in Moab I would highly recommend dirt biking. I still love wheelin my CJ-7 but Riding a bike is definatly up there with it on the fun scale.:)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Where'd you ride? I took my DRZ400 to Moab this spring & rode PSM, up to the Wedgie. I agree with you, it was an absolute blast. I want to ride Hells Revenge & the Slickrock bike trail next, that would be way cool. I loved how you can blip the throttle & lift your font tire without any effort, makes crossing the nooks & crannies very easy. I need someone to ride with though, don't want to get into trouble & get hurt out in the middle of nowhere.

I've had friends ride the PSM, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim trails in a matter of 2 hrs. Amazing what you can do on 2 wheels compares to 4.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I loved riding in Moab... old Ramtoy and I used to go down there quite often on our bikes. Mostly played in the Hells/Fins area, but we did Moab Rim, some of Metal Masher, around Kens Lake. We used to ride at the old motocross track alot too. :cool:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
We did hells revenge and kane creek on our quads earlier in the year and it was a frickin blast. We blew through hells revenge in a ridiculously short amount of time and Kane Creek was awesome because all of the streams were frozen over...I think we did it in january or early february...buckets of fun!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Where is there a motocross track in Moab?

South of Moab proper on the East side of the road. Its easy to miss (in a gully) and in the last couple of years they have filled in alot of it. We were told about it by the local MX shop (Arrowhead Motorsports??).

andevl02

Need new Trails

Hi. I am a dirtbiker from Idaho that is looking for new places to check out in the Moab area. I am a lifetime dirtbiker that has many Idahoan rides to share with the person that replies to this note. I am listing the places I have been in Moab. Kane, prichett, slick rock trail, amasa back, PSM, golden spike, rusty nail, porcupine, bartlett trails, soverign trails, hook & ladder area. I have been out to temple mt., 5 miles of hell and over to the devils race track. My favorite rides are out to white wash area from the GR geiser. I enjoy the slot canyons out there. Any correspondence would be apprecisted. Thank you.andevl02@aol.com

Mope

Hi. I am a dirtbiker from Idaho that is looking for new places to check out in the Moab area. I am a lifetime dirtbiker that has many Idahoan rides to share with the person that replies to this note. I am listing the places I have been in Moab. Kane, prichett, slick rock trail, amasa back, PSM, golden spike, rusty nail, porcupine, bartlett trails, soverign trails, hook & ladder area. I have been out to temple mt., 5 miles of hell and over to the devils race track. My favorite rides are out to white wash area from the GR geiser. I enjoy the slot canyons out there. Any correspondence would be apprecisted. Thank you.andevl02@aol.com

Where in Idaho are ya?

ATOYA4U

Cheating is trying!!
We have rode almost every trail in moab and its a blast. Makes for a great boys trip. Above all I think the slick rock is my favorite but pritchet is a challenge and a great laugh when your buddy is rolling down rocker knocker.

ATOYA4U

Cheating is trying!!

We have done all the trails you have listed. We usually go down to temple mountain at least once a year. 5 miles of hell is always interesting!! Not to change the subject but what bikes are you guys running. I ride a 06 WR 450.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Just outside the Pocatello area. But there is a bunch of us that travel to ride all over south eastern ID.

Sweet. I'm in pocatello, and ride a yz426. We'll have to go sometime. I've had it down to moab once, and it was definitely a blast!

Wow I wasn't expecting to find Dirtbike Moab in the movies and books section :rofl:

I live 5 min from Preston if you guy's ever want to go riding. There are a Ton of trails around these parts. My "woods weapon" is a KTM 300 XC but I also have a hill shooter CR500 and a few vintage rides as well :D

If anyone was to plan an RME meet and greet/dirtbike Moab trip i'd definatly attend :) (hint... hint...)

rholbrook

Dirt Bikes

When the snow melts I definitely want to come ride in your neck of the woods. My wife is from Cache Valley. I have 5 neighbors that I ride with all the time and we have a riot riding together. I ride a WR450 that I put a street legal kit on if needed I can take a road as well. The advantage to this is when a sign says NO OHV that no longer means me.

There is a trail we heard about that goes from Farmington Canyon (above Lagoon) to Bear Lake. Most of the trail is single track but there are about 10 miles of road you have to hit. We found it and road it a couple of times last summer. We are going to St George in the next month to ride and there are endless trails down there. I take my TJ and my WR when I go down there. On bikes you have enough fuel to cover 60-80 miles and in that time you can cover a lot of ground allowing you to go into AZ or NV. Last year my neighbor crashed and broke his arm right at the ball as it goes into his shoulder. We were a long way out. Anyway, he is 90% and riding again.

I went to Moab 6 times last year and none of those trips included the dirt bikes. I always said I wanted to take them and switch days between the Jeep and WR but have yet to do it. Below are pictures of one of my neighbors that went to catch his bike as it was wheeling over on Hells Gate in Hells Revenge in Moab. Note: Let your bike wheelie over because you may get your finger caught between the sprocket and Chain. If he didn’t have a glove on Craig would have definitely lost the end of his finger. The last joint was crushed and he ended up with two pins in it. The tip is healed and is a little pointy. He still road with the pins in about a month after this accident.

If your not good with gore, don’t look at these.

http://picasaweb.google.com/halestormracing/CraigSFingerDamageMoabMay313008?authkey=zVEZbZA4oXo

http://picasaweb.google.com/Naykid250/GraphicPicsOfCraigsFinger

Anyway, count me in on a Moab ride.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
When the snow melts I definitely want to come ride in your neck of the woods.

There is a trail we heard about that goes from Farmington Canyon (above Lagoon) to Bear Lake.

If your not good with gore, don’t look at these

Anytime! It's a blast around here :D

The highline trail starts in somewhere in the Farmington/Ogden area goes as far North as Soda Springs, and with a little time on the paved road you can ride north of Jackson WY. I have a few friends that have rode it fron Ogden to Soda in one trip :eek:

:eek: For some reason I thought you meant AL GORE!!! That caught me off guard :rofl:

Mope

Wow I wasn't expecting to find Dirtbike Moab in the movies and books section :rofl:

I live 5 min from Preston if you guy's ever want to go riding. There are a Ton of trails around these parts. My "woods weapon" is a KTM 300 XC but I also have a hill shooter CR500 and a few vintage rides as well :D

If anyone was to plan an RME meet and greet/dirtbike Moab trip i'd definatly attend :) (hint... hint...)

Haha, I didn't realize what section this was in, I was just replying. :rofl: I grew up in Preston, so maybe I've seen ya around throughout the years. The ride to soda sounds fun. I've got a pretty good idea of where it would run.