*Dirt bikes* Grantsville to Little Sahara or Black Rock the fun way.

• Thread starter Deleted member 12904
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12904

Ok so I'm going to start a thread for this ride in hopes to get a decent group and have a fun trip to add to the story books.

Im open for suggestions but this is what Im thinking so far.

Leave my house in Gville May 25th. Open on time
We will hookup with the Stansburry front trail at davenport canyon and ride it until Hickman canyon. From their head east to Stockton top off our tanks and take the Jacob City trail to the top then cut down into Ophir. From here I will need to check my GPS files to get an accurate mile count but is what I would like to do is go from ophir to mercer then drop down and cut over the the faust road area at 5 mile. From their I have a fun ride that goes through some old 4x4 trails that have not been used in years and are over grown then we drop down onto the mail dirt road take it until Black rock then head back up into Eureka for fuel again.

Now if everyone is packing gear we could call it a day at this point and set up camp some where in black rock where it less crowded explore build a fire drink what ever. or we could head into Little Sahara and meet up with friends I should be able to talk into taking our camp gear down and some fuel. Its a busy weekend so Im good either way.

Wake up the next morning from where ever pack up and head back.

This would be a fun mellow ride that I would like to do as kind of a training for longer adventure rides this year. anywhere from 100-150 mile each way again its up to those coming to tell me how much riding they want to do. 60% will be atv trails 10% dirt roads and 30% single track. This early in the year the single track may have downed trees that can be a chore to get you bike over, under or around so stopping to camp at black rock may not be a bad idea unless everyone has lights as we may run into dark depending on how smooth things go with the single track, flat tires ect.

I have been into all of these areas on a non plated bike with no problems so I would say off road tags will be ok. The most we will be on pavement is .5 mile to get fuel.

Everyone is is invited and if your a beginner rider and are concerned about the single track sections I would be happy to take you out a few time to get to know them better at your own pace before the ride.

Anyways is anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 12904

Interested in a day trip.

Are you interested in doing this whole thing in 1 day? Or just sections of it?

200 + miles in a day doesn't sound super fun to me. Maybe if I was 21 and at breeding weight.
But if you're talking about just doing sections during riding season I do most of these areas often. I have a few neighbors that also ride with me and it's not uncommon for us to go to 20-30 miles of trail after work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 12904

I'm not scared! I'm on a crf450r, any idea how many gallons I might need?

I don't really know when I use to ride a 2 stroke I would carry an extra gallon of fuel in four 1 liter Mountain Dew bottles on my backpack.

D

Deleted member 12904

Well I'm in either way just trying to decide what size of tank ill be looking to buy

google tells me your bike should do about 60 miles on the stock tank. Thats actually what I was thinking because that seems to be about average for a 450. Im guessing your stock tank is about 2 gallons so anything 3 or bigger should work. If you want to to longer rides I would get something to handle 150 miles.

rholbrook

There has been a few times I have added a couple liter bottles of gas to in my back pack and have emptied them as soon as I could. My WR gets about 75 miles of normal riding with a stock tank

D

Deleted member 12904

Here in AR? Moved out of there (temporarily now on Clark St) at end of August.

I'm not sure I follow what you're asking with the first question.

Are you moving back into Anderson ranch?

D

Deleted member 12904

Just bumping this thread.

Anyone on rme with some interest in doing this? I went riding with 1 of my 2 friends a couple weeks ago that was committed to do this and unless he gets his bike caught up on some serious need for neglected maintenance I'm going to have to ask him not to come. That would leave just 2 of us and I would like to have at least 3 or 4

Last edited by a moderator: