Do you ever wonder what happened to your old 4x4's?

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I've been trying to figure out whats become of a few of my old 4x4's.

I was looking through old pictures and reminiscing.

Gone but not forgotten

My first rock crawler, 1985 Yota SR5 xtra cab. Sold it to my brother and then he sold it. The kid who bought it rolled it.

1275463_10151659037470028_1383710206_o.jpg

Then my next one was this 2006 Jeep Commander. 4.7 L V8. She got me into my first business which failed, and expedition 4 wheeling. I have a lot of good memories in that truck. I put 60K miles on it in 2 years, and drove the crap out of it. Found the guy who owns it. Its still going stong and lives in Wyoming now. Glad she made it back home.

1931317_45223390027_3818_n.jpg

I then bought this old guy for $500 out of a junkyard and got it going. It was pretty fun. But I realized how much I hated carburetors and sold it 8 months later. Sold it to a guy in Colstrip Montana. My friend who lives up there says its dead sitting in some guys yard. SAD

30264_395124820027_7754832_n.jpg

Then I bought this Heep for $600. I had it for a few months, fixed it up and flipped it for $3500. That was my last Jeep. Last I heard it went to Helena Montana. I have never seen it again.

36965_408090185027_8057819_n.jpg

Then I bought a Range Rover. I had this thing for over 4 years. I sold it when we found out we were having our 4th kid. It was a good truck. Reliable and a lot of fun. It went to Nevada. The new owner uses it only for 4 wheeling.

1398820_10151795155500028_1341712944_o.jpg

Last edited:

STAG

If I ever find my first truck ('73 chev k1500) I would literally pay 20x what I originally paid for it.

smartass_kid

I can't see the pics at all?

one of mine.

got this for like $1100 with tons of paperwork for repairs/maintenance and a rebuilt engine with 35K. total old man 4X4 with some transformer stickers stuck on it from dude I bought it from.
I removed running boards and neon lights underneath, found a matching spare, 3" body lift and 31" mud terrains.
played around some before I sold it to some redneck kid who always had a dip in his mouth bigger than his eye.
480115-R1-06-6A_007.jpg
S10 Blazer2.jpg
it exchanged hands a few times, made a run or two for 6 hour trips, hauled a ton of smaller bass boats to the river and last I heard was being used a "MUD DAWG". should of held onto it since it was so clean (at first) and probably still running.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I wish I had my '72 blazer back that I sold back in 2000 and would pay a decent amount to have it back. It would not be hard to identify since there are probably not many of them running around with the gas filler that was moved down lower in the quarter panel and put behind a round gas door and the antenna was frenched right behind the drivers door. When I sold it, it was a metalic grey with a white top. I will have to see if I can dig up a picture of it.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Jeep-wise, the only one I've cared/wondered about was my first Wrangler, the 2001 Amber Fire Sport I factory ordered. Since selling it, I have on two occasions run a title report on its VIN just to get an idea of where it might be located. Once I even looked up the current owner in Chrysler's computer, but driving by the place I saw they had just moved away so I never got to see it again. Man, I sure loved that Jeep.

tj_ramp2.jpg

In the non-4WD department, there are a few of my 'children' that I see now and again. My purchased-new 2008 Charger R/T is now with its third owner; it comes in here every so often for service. I have also seen my former 2010 Kia Forte Koup here for service once or twice. I have seen my 2011 Kia Soul a few times around town, though never here at the dealership. Finally, my former '96 Thunderbird is now owned by a kid who works up the street at Papa Johns so I see it parked there a couple of times every week (and, for some reason, I smile every time I see it).

Last edited: