don't get it.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
put a 4x4 Toyota, (granted its a minivan, not a runner, cruiser, sequoia, or p/u) up for sale on craigslist locally. (Boise)

Get everyone from guys in 750 il 's to guys calling from CO, UT (the Ogden guy actually was looking for his brother in Guatemala WTF???) (if it is that rare of a rig....doesn't make sense why I still have it)

Seats are torn, needs front brake pads....

20+ mpg.... every day, every road, period, the end.

$500. Seats 7, seats fold down to make a full bed... do that with runner, bronco XJ.... ad nauseam.

Some of you have even wheeled with one of them (saw the pics and video's, Simon's van)

$500, lets recap:
4x4;
starts;
Manual Aisin hubs;
gear driven t-case;
runs;
(and by runs, I mean smooth idle, responsive throttle, no missing, no valve/lifter/bearing noise,... runs like a toyota)
tires good;
(and by good, I mean all same size, all hold air and have 75% tread life left on them)
heater blows hot;
REAR heater blows hot;
No cancer!!!;
Clutch is tight.
21.8 mpg in town;

Why for no sale?

(just bitching, not looking for analyzing)

Just as a pusser DD, this is a steal (at least an okay deal.....)

Don't get it.

(yes it does have a rebuilt title, but I can walk you around the cosmetic front of vehicle damage, and you will see put together well, then we can look at the unibody and you will see no signs of repair, kinkage, etc....
Believe you me, I disected this thing when I got it and saw the builder title.....)

tires have had 7,000 miles put on them since I bought it, and you will see no wear patterns developing, and I have not rotated ever.
(In fact I can't remember the last time I checked the psi, they hold air....)

(and its not like you are gonna get the bank to float a note on it, thats the biggest hold up on a builder title, [second obviously would be hack work.... but there isn't any.] is the lack of available lender financing)

Okay, rant off.

Last edited:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I hope to never own a van, its a life quest for me. Plus I can get a lot better/ looking vehicle at least to me for 500 bucks. Plus ya never know what happened in a "used" van lol

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Bring it down in a week if no one buys it. I'd run it up to WY, mileage would be nice, and then I can scrap it and keep the hubs for the Cruiser I don't own yet. :D

$500? Hmmmmmmmmm I'm thinking about it.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Wow, spent 15 minutes re-editing so it read the way I wanted, and there like 6 replies...
Killed the ad, yeah, sell it, or crush it, wanna build my Bronc... think I could build the van, but would be a lot of work, plus new better half doesn't like it, and the bronco she likes, I like, etc.
will copy and paste add, as soon as I find it.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
are they breeders? or do they need a stabbin' cabin, or are they in need of a place to live down by the river? clueless to what was behind the sarcasm.

Not even trying to sell here (although this did inspire me to relist) just amazed that a 500$ car that runs well, and is 4x4 to boot (real live 4runner or p/u 4x4 not subi, freelander, escape, tribute front wheel drive with an afterthought 4x4) got walked around and kicked to the curbbecause of $20 worth of replacement buckets ( what would have fixed the problem)

If I still have after Jan 1oth or so, will keep, and drive while I build Bronco.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
damnit I won't get a check till after that. :( Ah well.

For the record: my great love of vans comes from working back east. No one looks at white vans, no matter what the plates. They are part of the landscape. While trying to avoid overly bureaucratic Eastern governmental entities as much as possible, this is a bonus. Also, they have 8-9' (or more) covered beds, make awesome target shooting rests, offer shade in the summer, and mostly, keep your junk dry while transporting, without the short walk-in height of a truck and shell.

And don't get me started on box vans. Holy crap they rock.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Do I mention this started out as a box van? Went to a Mormi/mexi-conversion van company for bed seats, and cool little windows with the screens...

Get ahold of me when you have money, if you are serious.... I may be like, done. Gone.

Whatever I do to the bronco will be done one weekend at a time. Don't need a "while I build it ride" really.

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
I have a honda civic that I tried to sell for a while. I listed it at 500 but would have taken 350. about 20 people came and drove it, and all just whined about one thing or another. Jokes on them......It gets 35mpg, and runs like a champ. Owned it for a year, I think I will drive it for a while, and then trash it in a tough truck race!!!!!!

The funniest thing is when people will call and ask about leather and A/C!!!

WTF..Its 500 bucks. Am I the dumb one or what???
GOOD LUCK TO YA!!!

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Dude, I get it! just had a guy come and look at it, whined about the torn cloth.... whatever.

fawg it, SAS this sumbitch, and show the world what its capable of...

Last edited:

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Nah, I live in Canyon County, Idaho. English is the second language, actually would be the third language here, second language would be inbred redneck-ese, what I type in usually, esp. after the Rum/Coors, etc. starts flowing.