Don't trust your voice to text app

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have had some interesting messages sent to me by the Siri voice to text app. About a year ago we were headed up to our rancher friends ranch to work on his Jeep and my son texted him to see where he was on the ranch. He used his voice to text to answer back and he told his phone "I'm at the barn" what was sent was that "I'm at the bar". We had fun teasing him since he is a very religious non drinker. Today I was on one of the Facebook sites for Jeep parts and was asking a guy back east about a T18 that he had. He said "I can't ship right now, sorry" The voice to text app changed the "p" to a "t" and changed everything. I got a good chuckle out of it. So be careful to check the conversion before sending the message.

Pile of parts

I was getting ready to leave to take the scouts on a camp. The Bishop sent me a text to check my progress. I did a voice text to tell him that I was " loading up the gear in the truck and would be on my way." Voice to text wrote it as, " loading up the beer...". I proof read and changed it. However I got a good laugh out of it and debated keeping it that way - just to keep him guessing and maybe find a quick way out of the scouting program.