Double Roller Timing chain

RockPaws

It's All About Rocks!
I currently have my 2001 Jeep 4.0L engine apart due to a coolant leak in the crank case. I had the timing cover off for inspection and figured I would Just replace the chain assy with a new Double roller set from Cloyes (they are a big MFG of engine timing products as well as transfer case chains). I ordered up a set from Summit Racing. Just to find out the cam mounting end has changed on my engine. The one that was sent is the older design. In about 1997 the cam drive end or snout changed. It now uses a thrust plate and a key way built right into the gear.
I called Cloyes direct and spoke with their tech support. Come to find out they don't make one yet. The older design can be used on our engine, when using a later syle cam shaft (perofrmance or stock style). He did say that he has been trying to get the company to make a set that fits the newer 4.0L engine. Apparently its customer and marketing driven. What he said to do was to email Cloyes that you want to install one and do they make one for a 1998 and newer 4.0L model engine? The more emails they get the sooner they decide to start making one.
Here's the link
Cloyes Customer Contact Form

Thanks for your help.
Frank