Drill bit sets

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
@lhracing had a post on here the other day about a Matco drill bit set.

img_2412-jpg.145122

I have a great connection at MSC I should leverage for tools and supplies more often and I've been trying to find a set that I should snag. Anyone that knows drills know what I'd want for general garage use? I'm tired of having crap drill bits.

PTD

Hertel

Thoughts on either of the above? A set I've overlooked? Have you met my connection at MSC before (he's a schmuck for sure and I could tell you 48+ years of stories)?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Reactions: DAA

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I have been using these lately and for the money they have been great, I use them almost daily in my line of work and so far I have had this set for a year.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I went to MSC a few years back to buy a handful of bits in sizes I normally use (3/8, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 3/4). I told the guy I wanted good but not bank-breaking quality. I can't remember if my budget was $50 or $100 but I've been super pleased. They're all even different brands and whatnot. Wayyyy better than the HF bits I've used forever.

Anybody know of a set where the bits put themselves back when you are done? I have a tendency to lose my drill bits before they get dull.
Would pay top dollar for un-lose-able drill bits.
I keep my bits within reach of the drill press for this very reason. Organizing them somewhere else just means losing them.