Ebrake options?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Toyota axles typically have a little lever sticking out, that gets pulled toward the center of the axle by the cables.

sixstringsteve

for an ebrake you want a mechanical solution. THe purpose of an ebrake is to save your bacon in case you lose your hydraulic system. I wonder if they have a drive-flange ebrake? I had one of those on a sami, not sure if they're available for sidekicks.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Yes but is there a place that can make me custom cables for my sidekick or do I need to look into a hydraulic hand brake option?

Yes, Six States makes custom cables, and I'm sure other places can too. You just need to know what type of ends you need, length, etc. A hydraulic lock of any type will never be a good Ebrake.

Did you look at that link Spork posted? Those guys just adapted the stock cables to the Toy axle. If you can do that, it would make life easier for you.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
:bryson:

If the sidekick has the same basic style of ebrake as the Toy axle (cable that pulls on levers), all you need to do is extend the existing cable. Some wire rope and cable clamps would do the trick.

Last edited: