Emery County Land Use meeting

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Aug. 12 at 7 p.m

If I can pull it off, I'll make the drive down. Anybody want to car pool?

Email sent to Ray Peterson.

My example to help others write:

Peter,

I’m writing on behalf of my family and friends urging you to ignore the requests of SUWA and keep public lands open to responsible land users. I was a resident of Carbon County for 24 years (with family currently in Price) and made several trips to Emery County for recreation and exploring. To me it’s an amazing area with a lot of history and public value. The majority of us land users ARE responsible and we want to retain that access.

Thank you for your time, it is much appreciated.

Regards,

Shane Herzog
U4WDA Bod Member
RockyMountainExtreme.com Co-Owner
435-xxx-xxxx

Don B

formerly rebarguy
I wish I had of known about this sooner. I can't make it.

Please give us a report about what they are planning to do with transportation.
The biggest question is whether Emery County will continue to assert their RS2477 ROW's or if they intend to work some kind of "deal" with a land use bill.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
^^ X10

I might be interested in riding down with you Shane ~ if it works with my schedule.. I'll let you know

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I will be there. Also, I will take some responsibility for not getting the word out. I have been to a couple of the non public meetings as a rep for the full size community and I got notice of the public meeting a little over a week ago. Life has been in the way for the last month and I dropped the ball.

Sorry guys......hope some people can make it. This meeting will help set the tone for the position that Emery County takes on putting a proposal together.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I wish I had of known about this sooner. I can't make it.

Please give us a report about what they are planning to do with transportation.
The biggest question is whether Emery County will continue to assert their RS2477 ROW's or if they intend to work some kind of "deal" with a land use bill.

If it is up to Ray Peterson, there will be some kind of deal.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I got a reply back from Ray. He's seems like a great guy.

He also mentioned that my email will be made part of the public record so if you can't make it tomorrow night, please send Ray your comments!!!

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I too am not going to be able to attend with the short notice, but I did just send Mr. Petersen a letter asking him to allow both sides ample opportunity to be heard, and to not pass judgment on any action until then.

Paul, please keep me and Don informed on what happens at the meeting. Thanks.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Paul, please keep me and Don informed on what happens at the meeting. Thanks.

I will try to get a report done tonight when I get back. I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow morning and still need to get packed, so if I do not get it done tonight, I will do it after I get to Vegas.

ZUKEYPR

Dang talk about short notice! I just got back from a 5 day trip, no way I can get there tonight. I folllowed the link but couldn't find what area the tree huggers intend on pursuing for their own agenda. Man this sucks, this is my favorite area in Utah

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Did I read the article wrong? It seemed like there was already a lot of opposition to closing the land for WSA... No?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Read the article, it sounds like everyone has serious issues with it. I can't imagine there is alot of support to turn large chunks into WSA.

Hope i'm not completely wrong though...

Don B

formerly rebarguy
The article says that SUWA's position for wilderness is what's in their ARRWA. They have a very good map of what that is on SUWA's website.

Basically ARRWA would make most of Emery County into a wilderness area. I can't imagine Emery County supporting that position.

If this is made into a land use bill similar to Washington County's, when it is passed by Congress then the wilderness areas become Designated Wilderness Areas, no longer WSA's.

Last edited: