Enduro Cross in Nephi

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Enduro cross is killer, wish I were a better rider... I'd like to play on the track, but not compete! Wish I were closer, it would be fun to go watch.

Caleb

I thought about going and watching this, decided not to. I am hoping to get away in the fall down to Vegas and watch the National EX Championships (I'm pretty sure they are in Vegas again this year).

sixstringsteve

that was a cool video. THat guy was a great rider. I wonder if that was a yz250 he was riding.

Last edited:

Coco

I thought about going and watching this, decided not to. I am hoping to get away in the fall down to Vegas and watch the National EX Championships (I'm pretty sure they are in Vegas again this year).

Ya I think they are. They have been the last several years. My parents have gone down a couple times, and says it is a riot! I wanna go this year for sure!

that was a cool video. THat guy was a great rider. I wonder if that was a yz250 he was riding.

Notice the Trials tire? Almost everyone doing endurocross, uses the trials tires. Many riders used to ride trials bikes, but I think I heard they banned them or something? That is how Colton Haaker got started. Came out to the Vegas nationals on a trials bike, and just about beat out the pros. That is how he got signed up with lucas oil.

sixstringsteve

It'd be fun to watch that race. the trials guys could make everything look like they're riding pebbles, but I think a trials bike would be slower than a well-set up MX bike (geared a tooth or two down) on that track. It looks like you could jump over most of the gnarly stuff (except for the LH turn in those boulders). That guy's yz looks pretty well equipped for it. I'm curious if he's done anything other than added a trials tire and perhaps a tooth down in the front sprocket.

Caleb

Notice the Trials tire? Almost everyone doing endurocross, uses the trials tires. Many riders used to ride trials bikes, but I think I heard they banned them or something? That is how Colton Haaker got started. Came out to the Vegas nationals on a trials bike, and just about beat out the pros. That is how he got signed up with lucas oil.

Actually, trials tires are illegal in EX. They made it too easy, which I don't understand since it's not like everyone could't use a trials tire.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I was really hoping to make it down to watch but its not gonna happen.

Guess I will have to watch the x games.

If anyone goes......please post up a report!

Coco

Actually, trials tires are illegal in EX. They made it too easy, which I don't understand since it's not like everyone could't use a trials tire.

Oh I didn't know that! Good info! But it definitely makes sense, trials tires are awesome :)